PDA

View Full Version : Fan wiring

scott
March 30th, 2006, 09:34 AM
past threads talked about a spare red wire in the wiring harness that could be used to power an aux. radiator fan. My question= is that wire already fused at the fuse block, or does it need an inline fuse, or???

pgermond
March 30th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Scott,

As I recall I used a splice connector and tapped into the pusher fan hot lead for my SPLA fan, and repleced the fuse with a 15A. I can look tomorrow..... if I remember ;)

Naumoff
March 31st, 2006, 03:47 AM
That spare red wire is hot all the time. Probably would be good for the fan. I think it is fused in the block as a spare. not sure. I would have to pull my owner electrical manual.

Master
March 31st, 2006, 06:44 AM
I seem to remember a spare wire in the rear harness, to be used for Elec fuel pump but I don't recall a spare one in the front harness.

pgermond
March 31st, 2006, 09:15 PM
Scott,

I took a look at he wiring today and as close as I can tell (or recall), without opening the wiring loom, I tied the SPAL (aux fan) into the pusher fan wiring and replaced the original fuse with a 15A. I have them on the same toggle and it works well for me.

scott
April 1st, 2006, 09:56 AM
i found the spare red wire, added an inline fuse (just in case) and wired it up on a seperate switch. I used wire connectors called posi-lock ,no crimping and reuseable.