PDA

View Full Version : My new spare set of Wheels and Tires

Naumoff
March 31st, 2006, 04:14 AM
Just love the look of the Goodyear Billboards. I got a good deal on them from a guy who traded his 427 for a 289 FIA and they wouldn't fit. (long story Shortened)

http://images.snapfish.com/3466%3A4247%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3255%3E%3B%3A2%3E944%3E WSNRCG%3D3233624%3A%3A9923nu0mrj

Justin Upchurch
March 31st, 2006, 06:14 AM
Tony,
That set up gives your car that bad a$$ race car look!

Master
March 31st, 2006, 06:38 AM
Tony, I was looking to use those tires for track events but decided to use Hoosier street TD's instead. I do like the look of the billboards..

will butterworth
March 31st, 2006, 07:01 AM
Looking good to me, should carry the car for a while.Will-alabama

Russ Dickey
March 31st, 2006, 08:57 AM
Tony:
Those tires kick a$$. I really want to get them for my FIA. Once you get some street time on them, please post your opinions on their street manners. I want them because they look cool, but my car only spends about 5% of it's time on the track, and 95% on the street, so I want to know how they handle in the real world environment.

Thanks,
Russ

pgermond
March 31st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Tony,

Looking good :D :D :D

TAGCAVE
March 31st, 2006, 03:41 PM
Tony,

The tires look great!!!

Rodney

Slither
March 31st, 2006, 10:11 PM
Looks sweet!!:D

Naumoff
April 1st, 2006, 04:55 AM
Thanks guys.

I really wanted them more for the look.
I am trying to locate a local car group that autocrosses and would let me join them.
I don't want to go far to do it. The Va. boys do a lot of it but I don't want to travel that far.
Then I can work my way up to some track time. Nothing serious, just for fun.

I will give you some feedback once I have a few miles on them over the course of a few days.

rdorman
April 3rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
They look great Tony!

Naumoff
April 4th, 2006, 06:31 PM
These tires are not the vintage blue streaks they are Stock car specials with treads cut in them. So if anyone running the vintage tires has a different report it would be appreciated.
Just giving feed back on street use of tires.
No track time and no autocrossing.
After tires are on the car overnight they give a bumpy ride until the tires warm up.
Have highway noise like pulling sticky tape off of something.
and have a rougher ride than my radial Firestone Firehawk Indy 500.

Other than that they are still high on my COOL list.

Once I can get some autocrossing or track time I will compare the two tires and let you know how they do.

Russ Dickey
April 5th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Tony:
Thanks for the update. I have heard that they "track" a lot, tending to want to follow every groove in the road, so that you are always chasing the wheel. Any truth to that?

Russ

Naumoff
April 5th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Russ,
I heard that too. Not enough that I would say it was a problem as I didn't mention it in my post.
I guess because the are bias-ply tires they have the same traits. But grant it some of the problems people are having could be alignment.
I wouldn't have them as my primary tires on the car.
If I was entering it in a car show or going to the track. Yes.
The way they make the car look more aggressive and the cool factor makes it worth it to me.

When you think about it you could Just paint GOODYEAR on any tire.:D

chris knueven
April 5th, 2006, 07:42 AM
tony,

i love the look !!
i also think some of the problems are alignments,
my hoosiers wander but after a couple of trips you no longer
even notice it. makes me really wonder what old bias plys were
like on older cars....i grew up in the radial era......

chris

Naumoff
April 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Chris,
They sucked in the rain.:eek: but other than that.
I personally like the look of bias ply tires.
The flat tread. Smooth sidewalls curved down from the rim and then back vertical with the pavement to a sharp 90* bend to the tread.

http://cokertire.com/store/product_image.php?imageid=17357