PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming entry forms

weaver
April 4th, 2006, 06:34 AM
If you plan to attend this years Homecoming you need to get your entries in, we have 33 entries in and I know several are on their way but we need to call our shirt order in next week. If you want to come without a car let us know and we will send you a form for Friday nights dinner and a t-shirt. If you haven't received your form give us a call and we will happy to send you one.

Alan

eliminator
April 4th, 2006, 10:05 AM
How many did we end up with last year??

Unique 289_FIA
April 4th, 2006, 12:15 PM
The wife and I are coming. Mrs. Jean gave us a form when we picked up the front suspension. I'll send it in with the check for the steering linkage and speedometer. We'd like 2 shirts, M and L.

Robert

weaver
April 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I don't remember but we had around 55 to 60 last year.

Alan

patrija
April 4th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Alan - Just sent you an email

Guys, unfortunately Wendy and I are scheduled out of town the weekend of homecoming. Hopefully something changes ... we'll sure miss it!

juanone
April 4th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Our entry went in today. Looking forward to the trip down to Gadsden.

Justin Upchurch
April 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I sent mine today, hope to make it with the car.

Justin

pgermond
April 5th, 2006, 10:06 AM
If anyone is on the fence about attending, for what it is worth - I would highly recommend it. I had a blast last year meeting everyone face-to-face. Unfortunately, my travel calendar is booked and I won't be making it this year, which I truly regret. I think what I regret the most is missing out on that lunch stop during the cruise on Saturday :(

Yall have fun - I'll be thinking of you!

Master
April 5th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I sent mine out today and made reservations for the Hampton Inn.

Phil, a man in your position with excess idle time. What can be more important than Catfish on Thursday nite.:rolleyes:

eliminator
April 6th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Look's like a lot of Folks are Draggin A$$ this year!! Get with the program and get to Gadsden in May. Great time.

pseim
April 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Sounds like the west coast won't be represented this year - my employer decided they didn't need my position anymore so I would have the time but resources probably should be directed elsewhere...
Hope to see y'all next year. I just purchased a small van so I wouldn't have to drive the Cobra all the way.

weaver
April 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your job, something better will come along. We have received 8 entries in the last 2 days and know of a few more on the way.

Alan

pgermond
April 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I sent mine out today and made reservations for the Hampton Inn.

Phil, a man in your position with excess idle time. What can be more important than Catfish on Thursday nite.:rolleyes:

Scott,

Idle time hasn't been a problem.... If have plenty of fun stuff and honey-dos to occupy my time. I really am going to miss being there, but the weather here has backed up a lot of travel plans, plus the WSCB and our annual Oregon trek just won't allow enough time - this year (hopefully next year). The Thursday night catfish was good - but my personal favorite was that Sataurday lunch where everything is fried :D I was even able to get fried okra and b-b-q pork at the airport on the way home last year!!! Love that southern food.

Paul,

Sorry to hear you won't be making it. As Alan said, something good will come of your current situation.... it always does. It's ashame no one from the west will be represented this year :(

chris knueven
April 7th, 2006, 01:05 AM
alan,
i got mine yesterday....going in the mail today for just 1...
chris

bittentoo
April 10th, 2006, 06:02 AM
The check went in the mail this morning!

will butterworth
April 10th, 2006, 09:02 AM
note for this year, my friend that furnished the "dixie Lightning" for last year was busted by the revenuer boys ,so won,t be no cheerful elixir for to cheer us up this time. But, we will have a great get together anyway, encourage everyone, grab your other pair of pants, load in, buckle up, get ready to head this way. Will-alabama

weaver
April 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM
We now have 45 entries in and are looking for more.

Alan

wlewis
April 12th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately, I can't make it this year. One of my kids graduates in Fla on Sat the 13th. Hopefully, I'll made it next year.
Walter

eliminator
April 19th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Master,

I got a call from the Show Dog yesterday, he advised he was tagging along with you this year.

Glad he's going to make it, car or no car it will be fun! Plus he's looking forward to Thursday night (Top of the River). Think thats why he is going plus the Margarita's!!!

I have to get mine buttoned up this week-end, should be on the road by Sunday PM. Putting the carpet back on the transmission tunnel is the only hard part left. Bringing a spare side-oiler in case of engine failure and misc. parts.

Going to wax the frame next week, 21 days until load up and leave time.
See you soon.

Justin Upchurch
April 19th, 2006, 06:27 AM
My new starter should be here on Thursday, the first one sent was too short. So, if all goes well I will get to start her up and make the maiden voyage around the block, can't go much farther without seats bolted in.
I have taken many pictures of the plumbing, wiring harrison tank install and will update my build page as soon as I get my camera back, which was left at my grandmother's over Easter. It looks like I have got a decent shot at making homecoming with a finished car.

Justin

weaver
April 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I knew you could do it.

excelguru
April 20th, 2006, 07:44 AM
My entry form has been submitted and my reservation is made, but I'll have to play it by ear as the date approaches. I have a client "penciled in" that weekend and my daughter is scheduled to get tubes put in her ears earlier that week. Arrg. I'm still holding out hope of attending with my car this year. I missed last year and was without the car the previous year b/c of a toasted clutch.

Slither
May 7th, 2006, 11:43 PM
...need a break from the day-to-day drudgery in the war-zone:o, so I plan to head up to Gadsden for the show to see all the wonderful Unique owners I get to talk with here in cyberspace:D.

Since I do not have a car as yet, I was hoping that I could catch a ride if someone has a spare seat for a copilot:rolleyes:.

Hope to see you all soon, safe travels!!

patrija
May 9th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Alan - What time do you guys plan to be at Fibbers on Sunday? I'm flying in from work in Germany on Saturday late afternoon - depending on how the jet lag is, maybe I'll shoot over to meet you guys there. It's in Cedar Bluff, right?

Brent
May 9th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Fibbers is on Saturday.