PDA

View Full Version : Cobra pictures with top

glenn
April 11th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone, haven't been online in awhile, alot of projects on the go. Just haven't taken time to post. I thought you might like some pictures with the top on. Some of my projects have been installing the steering vibration damper on the Cobra, and the rear sway bar. I've only had the car out a few times since the installs and the vibration damper does make an improvement. I've noticed most over railroad tracks and potholes, it really cuts down the jar in the steering column. The sway bar makes the car alot stiffer in the rear end and sat the car up a little bit. One of my next projects is to settle the back of the car. I'm hoping it will settle on its own if I just give it some time and get some miles on it. I've also been working on a Mustang project and its been taking up alot of my off time. Also we are building a 428 Cobra jet motor with a local machine shop. Doesn't look like I'm going to make homecoming this year, due to my son graduating from Penn State, but I won't know until the last minute if I can make it work. Another project with the top that worked out real well is I took felt stick-ums and put them on the underside of the snaps on the top. So, that you would not have the snaps rubbing against the finish of the car. It helps give it a little protection from the metal to the paint. It worked out very well and it was easy to do.

weaver
April 11th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Nice job Glenn, I hope you make it to Homecoming but if you don't I will see you in Carlisle the following week.

Alan

pgermond
April 11th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Glenn,

Good to hear you are still kicking.... I had wondered what had happened to you.

Glad to hear all is well.

Slither
April 12th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I like the tan top :D ... looks good.

Naumoff
April 13th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Looks great Glenn.
See you in Carlisle.