PDA

View Full Version : Homcoming trip from Atlanta area

Tony Radford
April 28th, 2006, 04:24 AM
I'd like to know who's driving their cars from the Atlanta area to Gadsden for Homecoming. I'm thinking of heading up on Thursday afternoon this time to join the Thursday night / Friday festivities. What say you friends and neighbors?

JeepSnake
April 28th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Tony,

Depending on which way you're planning to go, you might fall in with us near the Alabama line. "Home base" is at Alabama Exit 205 on I-20.

Our route carries us from Heflin along Alabama Hwy. 9, up the valley on the west side of Talladega National Forest to Piedmont. There, we pick up US 278 west on into Gadsden. Around 60 miles, I think, from the house to Gadsden. Beautiful drive, with lots of woodlands & farming.

We're going to leave sometime Thursday afternoon. I guess when Sandy gets out of school, so that will put us around 3:00-3:30 CDT departure... Maybe De will check in on the forum in a little while; he & Mom probably have a better idea of what our schedule needs to be.

will butterworth
April 28th, 2006, 07:44 AM
afternoon sometime for sure, top o the river cooking that little pan of hot cornbread about now, slaw, onion something-or-other, whew it,s good.And dead catfish--fried in strips, few frenchfries--hotdog, I,ll go ahead and eat your part, PHIL. Joan has scolded me so much already I don,t know whether to run out the front door barking or just wet in the floor.Come on our way Tony, we gon have a good time one way or the other.Will-alabama

Tony Radford
May 6th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Weather forecast appears to be improving as the time approaches. Which hotel are ya'll staying in? And are you staying through Saturday?

Tony Radford
May 8th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Will, Zach, have you guys decided on a meeting time? I'm planning on taking my car over to Gran Turismo tomrrow for an alignment/balance. A quick oil change and I'll be good to go.

JeepSnake
May 8th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Tony -

I'll talk with Mom & Dad tonight about our travel plans; they're out of town till late Wednesday. Last I talked with him, Dad was saying that we might have to swing through Jacksonville & pick him up at the office on our way to Gadsden on Thursday, as he had a meeting that could run late.

Right now, I'm going to TENTATIVELY say that we'll meet up at 3:30 Central time. I've taken a half-day vacation on Thursday, but Sandy can't get away from school till ~2:45-ish.

I'll post as quick as I talk with them.

pgermond
May 8th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Will,

Remember, I'm a big fella and eat a lot - so be careful! :D

Tony Radford
May 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks Zach. I figure I should be able to get from here to your location in two hours or so. How far is your exit on the other side of the GA/AL line?

JeepSnake
May 8th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Tony - I just sent you a PM.