PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming, 2006

eliminator
May 5th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Well it's less than a week away, by this time next week we will still be full from the Thursday night feast at Top of the River. Hope all the weather gets its fill this week so we can have a dry Thursday,Friday, and Saturday next week.
Hope all have a safe trip to Gadsden, rember to double check trailer hook ups, watch all the idiots out there.

Justin Upchurch
May 5th, 2006, 06:20 AM
As the stress builds............. I feel like I am on one of the reality car shows trying to finish my car before the time limit is up. See everyone in Gadsden.

Justin

will butterworth
May 5th, 2006, 12:03 PM
drive carefully, and have a safe trip, looking forward to seeing everyone.Raining everyday here. Will-alabama

olblu66
May 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM
first time with a trailer. Is there any thing i need to be aware of. Ill be pulling with a 2000 expidition ( has a towing package ) The trailer will be a 20 ft. pace ( 8 half by 20 ) Do you think a stablizer bar is in order here ? THANKS PAT.

Brent
May 5th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Weight dist. hitch and sway control for sure!

$6,ooo trailer
$5o,ooo Cobra
$3o,ooo Expedition

5oo.oo for the proper hitch equipment..........priceless

eliminator
May 6th, 2006, 05:47 AM
What Brent posted is true, then throw in the value of your life and passsengers, lost time while injured if you don't die, and other items.
I will try to pull up a old thread on my experience to Homecoming 2 years ago.
Nearly destroyed tow vehicel (2000 Durango with a Tow Package), 20' trailer,
nice 427 car, wife, and 2 chinchilla's ( the 2 chinchillas still give me hell), they are Cobra Smoke, and Big Block Blaze.

Get the correct weight distribution hitch, sway control, and then set it all up correctly. And you need electric trailer brakes. You have to move the car around in the trailer, forward and rear, to get the correct tongue weight.

What I found even with all this I was on the edge with a 4,000 lb tow vehicle and a 7,000 trailer (loaded). And if you get in trouble on the edge it bites you hard. Now I have a 7,500 LB, 2500 Dodge, Diesel, with the tow package and other needed items and we all feel better. Just watch those damn SEMI's.

clayfoushee
May 6th, 2006, 08:57 AM
first time with a trailer. Is there any thing i need to be aware of. Ill be pulling with a 2000 expidition ( has a towing package ) The trailer will be a 20 ft. pace ( 8 half by 20 ) Do you think a stablizer bar is in order here ? THANKS PAT.

Do not.....repeat, do not try towing your car without a proper weight distribution hitch and stabilizer bars.

Have fun at Homecoming. I'm sorry to be missing it again. Our brother is graduating from Duke Divinity School next weekend, and the entire family is gathering for that.

bittentoo
May 7th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Can't freakin wait!!!!

Gotta go wash the freakin trailer now, don't know why, looks like we'll be drivin in freakin rain most of the way.

But, we're gonna have another great freakin time!!!!!

Feel better now..........

weaver
May 7th, 2006, 11:02 AM
The weather man says we are going to have beautiful sun shiny weather from Friday to Sunday so don't forget your shades. We are at the shop today cleaning and washing Cobras.

Alan

K.Wilson
May 7th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I went to my storage building and got the Cobra this morning. It had not been out since December. Brought it home changed the oil, gave it a bath and I am waiting for the wax to dry as I write this.
If the weather forcast holds I will see everyone on Friday. Saturday my son graduates from the U of Alabama so I believe I will attend that and not be on the cruise.
It was so much fun driving it home that I don't remember why it is always so long between trips...................
Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday!

Brent
May 8th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Kelly,

OMG

That is funny, forgot all about it.

Naumoff
May 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Everyone be safe and have fun. Next year for us.

bittentoo
May 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Hitting the road this afternoon, laying over in Lake Charles. Will be on the road bright and early tommorow, should pull into the Hampton about 4 or so!!!!!

Everyone drive safe!

And lets hope that Butch doesn't break out the short pants again this year.....

Brent
May 10th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Butch was not wearing shorts........He was riding on a chicken.

bittentoo
May 10th, 2006, 10:00 AM

Justin Upchurch
May 10th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Kelly,

I think we are leaving around 4 or 5 tomorrow morning. What is the best way to get to Gadsden from our area?

Justin

weaver
May 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
mapquest or follow Kelly

rdorman
May 11th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I will miss you all! :o(

juanone
May 11th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Rained out in Louisville area all day today. Just don't want to get my car in all the water mess going down to Gadsden.

Bummer!!!

weaver
May 11th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Juan, you know we have a wash bay. It is sunny and bright here.

Alan

ALVRRROOM
May 11th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Alan

Please pass the word, Zach would like to get a picture of each owner with his/her car sometime during the day on Friday. He will then post later. Then maybe we can all make a better connection of who is who or should that be who is whom. Oh well, never said I was an English teacher.. See yall in a few hours.

Joan