PDA

View Full Version : Checking In, Return Trip

eliminator
May 14th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Well Cheryl and I closed the Hampton down at about 9:30 AM, we were the last to leave, Chris got out about 5 minutes ahead of us. Brent and Scott were about 20 minutes ahead of us. Parking lot sure looked bare after the Saturday Night Party!!!!
We went through Nashville at 66 degrees, hit north side of Nashville on I-65, it was 48 degrees, burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Arived home about 5:15 EST.
It was fun, time flew by.
Hope all are getting home OK.

Master
May 14th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Rick, arrived home about 5:30, all is well.

Justin Upchurch
May 14th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Cheryl and I arrived home around 3:30 this afternoon. This time when we reached our destination we were still a quad :)

Justin

bittentoo
May 14th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Jodina and I pulled out at 6am this morning. 825 miles and 12.5 hours later we pull into our drive way. Not a fun drive!

But we had a great time and will do it all over again next year!!!!!

Scott, got your phone message but I don't have your number.

And I'm sorry that I called this morning and woke you love birds up at 6am.......NOT!!!!!!!!!

chris knueven
May 14th, 2006, 07:21 PM
i just walked in the door,after 715 pounding miles,what a blast !!!!! the total
trip was about 1650,between the wind noise and radio i think i suffered
irreparable brain damage..:).

it was cool/cold all the way to dothan,finally at my first gas stop in
florida i was able to get rid of the coat. it was the right decision to
go south,no rain !!!!! the roads were damp but i never got wet(thank god).

temps here are 78 or so right now(2200).....
i should see everyone in pigeon forge in sep.....

enjoy,
chris

Slither
May 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM
...made it to Gulfport at about 2:00am last night/this morning... and headed out to Orlando at about noon. I am here and I am draggin'... but what a great weekend:D :D :D !

dmswann
May 15th, 2006, 04:37 AM
After reading these stories I feel like a wimp. Betty and I did not get to do the ride on Saturday due to some remodeling we're doing and a late Friday night call from our contractor. But hanging out at UNIQUE on Friday was a blast and gathering with everyone for dinner was fun as always. My drive home was only 70 miles and I ran just behind the rain all the way. Messy car, but a fun drive.

brfutbrian
May 15th, 2006, 08:13 PM
got in about an hour ago. 600 miles of rain, 350 miles of drizzle, 100 miles of sun at the end. made it home in one piece so im pretty content with that. im still laughing over my new name i was given this year. hope you all enjoyed homecoming as much as i did. later, "freakin" brian.

Justin Upchurch
May 15th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Brian, time to ask Patrick to change your forum name :)

Master
May 16th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Brian, it's a classic that should be used as your screen name.:)

Brent
May 16th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Perfect Homecoming.
Great people and A LOT of fun.
Considering the travel weather and the distances people drove especially in their cars it is great to hear nobody had any trouble.

Brian,
Should you change your screen name.............."Feakin A"

brfutbrian
May 16th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Brian, time to ask Patrick to change your forum name :)
i would, except "barefoot" brian is more than just a screenname. its an actual nickname i got about 15 years ago that most people at the lake i live on use (actually most people i know). it originated in the bar that i barefoot ski in front of and it just kind of spread by word of mouth. youre all welcome to use either. later, "freakin' brian.

eliminator
May 16th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Some how that went over me, never got the bare foot Brian out of that, Freakin Brian fits!

brfutbrian
May 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
rick, barefootbrian is too many letters for an AOL screen name, so i shortened it to brfut (phonixs) to get the same effect without as many letters. later, freakin`brian