PDA

View Full Version : Unique FIA at WSCB in Reno

RJacobsen
May 19th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Just got back from the Western States Cobra Bash in Reno NV. (couldn't stay for the whole event) and happened to meet Bob Stanley (BStanley1) at the track event. Thanks Bob for allowing me to talk your ear off (sorry) and get some pictures of your car. Now about that number on the side?????:D Oh and BTW Bob drove to the event (771 miles one way as per Mapquest) way to go Bob.

souzape
May 22nd, 2006, 06:58 PM
Rod- WSCB was truly great. Track day got a little rain but the drive up to Squaw Valley and the rest of the activities were absolutley outstanding. Sorry I missed you but hopefully we'll see you there next year. WSCB doesn't seem to generate a lot of interest on this site but it's a great event for those of us out west.

Phil Souza

bstandley1
May 22nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Rod, it was a pleasure to meet you.... and I invested a lot of effort in that tape job. :) I just got back home from Reno ... had to take the eastern Oregon route to try and bypass the Pacific coast storms. The revision added another 78 miles to the trip!! My first 450 miles were incredibly lucky; only an occasional sprinkle through the backwoods of Nevada, Idaho and Oregon. The second phase of my journey wasn't quite so blessed.
I left Baker City, Oregon around eight this morning ... it was pouring. I figured the weather could only improve so I headed out. It rained solidly for the next four hours. By the time I stopped in southern Washington, the water in the drivers footbox was two inches deep (coffee cup came in handy). The sun broke out and stayed out until I reached the mountain passes on I-90. For the only time on the trip, I got off the freeway and parked under gas station roof .... It rained so hard that I literally couldn't see. Thirty minutes later, the rain slowed down and I headed towards Seattle. I was worried that the four + hours of wiper operation might be the final solution for the wiper motor, but it lasted until I got home ... literally. When I tried to turn them on, the blades barely moved ... I drove over two thousand miles in less than a week and lived to tell about it.
Good luck with your car and keep us entertained with the build photos.

Bob

RJacobsen
May 23rd, 2006, 05:50 PM
Bob, Glad to hear that you made it back safely, sounds like the return trip was more exciting than on the way over. Maybe we can hook up together for next year, I WILL have the car going by then.
Oh and I hope the rain did'nt damage those numbers on the door:) :)