View Full Version : Carlisle events Ford show,

glenn
June 2nd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Hello everyone,
Spent the afternoon taking in the ford show today.Lot's of interesting old classics to look at, and acres of venders with parts and restoreable cars from all over the country here. Some of the cars are terrible,rusted incomplete with missing parts, and so on. Prices for some of this stuff is amazing, but i guess their are some bargians here too. I like the car corral, especially the old mustangs, seeing what they are selling for and the condition their in. If you haven't been to one of these carlisle events you might want too check them out sometime and i'm sure you'll find something of interest.
Glenn

Naumoff
June 6th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Glenn, Saw your car in Kit Car. Nice spread.
Car looks as good in person as it does in the magazine.:D

Did you by a lot of parts for you 'Stang?

glenn
June 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks, Tony for your coments about the article. I was real happy with it myself. Found a few parts at the show, new steering wheel, smalltrim pieces, weatherstripping etc. Mainly shopping prices from the major mustang supply houses for some of the big items. Right now its a labor of love, taken it apart and stripping paint and its taking forever.
Glenn

pgermond
June 11th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Glenn,

Nice piece in Kit Car, I see it's on the cover of the newstand editions..... congrats :)

glenn
June 12th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Thanks Phil, the article made my day.The newstand copies are hard to find locally. I want to pick up a couple extra copies.Hope things are going well with you. Have you given any more though to a 427so swap? I know we talked about it at homecoming last year.
Take care, Glenn

Brent
June 12th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Nice job Glenn.

Nobody has the stand issue around here. Can someone scan it and post it on the forum? Hey juan

juanone
June 12th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Hi Glen: My local grocery store has them. I will pickup a few. I'll give you a shout when I get them.

Juan

weaver
June 12th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Glen, you can call Kit Car and they will send you a few copies of the mag. Eric called last week to let us know he is moving on as the new senior editior at Street Rodder, it is a good career move for him and he will still be working with Kit Car a little, his new office is next to the new editor of KC. He gave us more press while he was at KC than we have gotten from all the other editors put together. We will still be working with him at Street Rodder with our 36 Cabriolet.

Alan

pgermond
June 12th, 2006, 09:24 AM
No side oiler yet.... just enjoying what I have for now. Besides, I would most likely just get myself in trouble with more power ;)

Brent
June 12th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Nice cover

glenn
June 12th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Brent, Juan, Alan, THANKS for your imput. I'm going to try to get up to Harrisburg later in the week to a few larger book stores to find a couple of copies. Thanks again, Glenn

Jeff 427
June 16th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Glen,
Just got the issue......Car looks sweet!!! Like the wooden dash!!!

That is a "Unique" Unique!

Slither
June 16th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Nice coverage Glenn:D! I finally got a copy. There has been great coverage of the Unique cars in the last few years. I hope it continues in the future with the new editorial changes.