PDA

View Full Version : side pipe shrouds

twanita
August 3rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
i know most of you frown on side pipe shrouds, but if you were going to use them, which brand fits best? jim o.

Aggressor
August 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Jim
I purchased a pair similar to these when I was registering my car in Pennsylvania in 2002. They are available from Finishline and were a nice fit on the Unique sidepipes. Their website is www.cobraaccessories.com . I sold mine when the car was through registration.
-Geary

twanita
August 6th, 2006, 05:55 PM
thanks. you sold them because you didnt like the look? or because they didnt help? jim o

Aggressor
August 6th, 2006, 07:06 PM
They looked fine but the look wasn't what I was trying to achive. I took a small dollar loss to protect my inspection mechanic who was signing off on actual photos of the vehicle he was inspecting for the registration process.
-Geary

pgermond
August 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Jim,

I had the same question a couple of years ago. I had ordered the shrouds from Finishline and they were a back order item at that time.... I eventually cancelled the order. Here's the link to the discussion that took place - http://www.uniquecobra.com/showthread.php?t=5631&highlight=heat+shields

Naumoff
August 7th, 2006, 11:58 AM
They ain't gonna help Jim.

I know Corvette guys and they still burn there legs.

Wear long paints.

I wrapped mine and that is like a pair of paints.

twanita
August 10th, 2006, 06:33 PM
ya, i'll probably bag the idea. jim o

pgermond
August 10th, 2006, 06:55 PM
That's the conclusion I came to as well. I'm still wearing shorts... I still come close... and every couple of years it seems I get bit.

Although I take extra special precautions when kids get near the car - especially very young ones.... the shine of the pipes seems to attract them. It scares the hell out of me thinking one of those youngsters might reach out and grab a hold of one :(

Good luck and stay clear.