PDA

View Full Version : Three-peat

pgermond
September 11th, 2006, 02:58 PM
The 28th Annual Chico Concours d'Elegance was held yesterday, and while I am not one to brag..........

Oooooooooh hell yes I am!!! Score another one for Unique - my car took first in its class for the third straight year! My favorite cheerleader/fan (Sandy, my wife) almost lost it right in front of the competition when I was informed of where I placed. But she managed to subdue her excitement until we drove up to the reviewing stand to pick up our award (She was scream and hooting-n-hollering so much I could hardly hear the side pipes thumping - it's great to have a fan :D ).

Alan - thanks again for those two door latch cover screws.... I'm certain they made the difference ;)

TurnpikeBoy
September 11th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Whuff,whuff,whuff!!!! (all the while shaking raised fist in air)!!!

Smokem, PG, smokem! Keep dumping that open can of whup-a$$ on those lesser brethren!

Naumoff
September 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Great going Phil!

Now your head won't fit in your beeny with the prop.:D

http://www.uniquecobra.com/gallery/files/1/3/1/5/P1010016.JPG

Aggressor
September 11th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Bragg ..??? Why not brag. There is nothing uglier than false modesty.

Seriously you should be proud!
You have created a very fine vehicle and, If you think about it, you initially displayed superior intelligence in purchasing your Unique.(This applies to all of us)
Congratulations Phil - We're all happy for you.

-Geary

bstandley1
September 11th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Congratulations Phil, you're approaching legend status!

pgermond
September 12th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys - - your comments are much appreciated. Tony, I wasn't thinking.... should have worn the prop hat for the award photo :)

will butterworth
September 12th, 2006, 01:24 PM
was that dern prop -hat sure as a rooster dips snuff, --congrats. brother--sound off, as they use to yell when we were marching.Tis a pretty car. Will-alabama

Master
September 14th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Phil, any photo's accepting the illustrious grand poobah trophy?

pgermond
September 14th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Scott,

No I don't. They have the one from last year posted on the Concours website. I do have one that a friend took from the crowd as we were rolling up, but it is to large to post here... it is one CC - http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=37723&cat=500&ppuser=15680

BTW, you been keeping your leg clear of that ceramic coated flesh roaster of yours? ;)

Slither
September 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Congrats Phil!

PS Love the hat:D.