PDA

View Full Version : Forum Features

pbrown
November 2nd, 2006, 08:26 AM
Are there any features that you would like to see on this site that are not there now? Maybe something cool that you saw on another site. Let me know in this thread and I'll see about adding it.

bittentoo
November 2nd, 2006, 01:35 PM
Patrick,

On other forums that I particapate on, when you return to an ongoing thread, they pick up from the point where you left, not at the start of the thread every time. Does this make sense?

Also, spel chek would ne nice!

Kelly

juanone
November 2nd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Patrick,

Right now I discovered that you accept credit card payment at the Forum and just made my contribution. Really easy and convenient.

Thanks for all that you do, I really do know how much it takes to do what you do for Unique owners, thank you.

Juan

juanone
November 2nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Would it be possible to have an area in the Forum that would be devoted to the Unique Factory? In other words an area that would have a gallery of cars under production at the Factory. I know that Allan tries to do that but maybe develop an interface that Allan or Maurice could use to post update photos on an more regular basis.

Kind of like developing a Content Management System strictly for Unique's management only.

Just a thought.

Juan

pbrown
November 2nd, 2006, 04:30 PM
On other forums that I particapate on, when you return to an ongoing thread, they pick up from the point where you left, not at the start of the thread every time. Does this make sense?

Also, spel chek would ne nice!

I understand. I have the thread start at the beginning and new posts at the end mainly for members to be able to read them chronologically. I do have a solution for you and it's been there all along. Look again at the list of threads. You can click the name of the thread to start at the beginning but you can click the small blue pointer, just to the left, and that will take you to the first unread reply.

A spell checker can be added to your browser with the Google Toolbar. I recommend that you try it. I used it quite often.

pbrown
November 2nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
Would it be possible to have an area in the Forum that would be devoted to the Unique Factory? In other words an area that would have a gallery of cars under production at the Factory. I know that Allan tries to do that but maybe develop an interface that Allan or Maurice could use to post update photos on an more regular basis.

Kind of like developing a Content Management System strictly for Unique's management only.

Just a thought.

Juan

I like it. Maybe a special gallery section. The owners can come here to see the progress of their car. I can build it but we need to convince Unique to use it.

Naumoff
November 3rd, 2006, 03:10 AM
I meet a guy at AutoX that is interested in a Unique 289FIA but when he went to the Unique Motorcars Site thought it was not updated.
This could be off subject here but I visited Uniques site and the owners gallery was small compared to how many cars come to homecoming and the Homecoming links are old and People might not know they still go on every year.
Juan has a great ideal and maybe a Homecoming section here.

Alan, Do you have a link to this site from your website?

weaver
November 3rd, 2006, 05:45 AM
I would like to be able to post more updates than I do but when I post progress pics it seems to use up my space pretty quick, I normally email the customer direct. I had to delete alot of pics I had posted a while back to post new pics from Pigeon Forge.

Alan

juanone
November 3rd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Alan, what we are recommending is that Patrick would open up a section devoted to the progress pics at the Unique Factory and would be in addition to your personal alloted space for images, right Patrick?

You may be able to explain better.

Juan

weaver
November 3rd, 2006, 11:21 AM
I understand what you were asking about, I was just explaining why I don't post as many as I would like. I wouldn't have a problem posting build pics but people need to realize I'm not in the office that much so I have to do it when I have time.

Alan

RJacobsen
November 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
Patrick,
I need more space in my gallery. I'm currently useing 17.96 MB of my 5 MB limit. I tried to post more pictures but can't. also the site pages now run off my screen, is this something that I can adjust or can I use this as an excuse to invest in a wide-screen laptop?

pbrown
November 3rd, 2006, 07:13 PM
Patrick,
I need more space in my gallery. I'm currently using 17.96 MB of my 5 MB limit. I tried to post more pictures but can't. also the site pages now run off my screen, is this something that I can adjust or can I use this as an excuse to invest in a wide-screen laptop?

I fixed it. The Forum Contributors user group now has unlimited attachment and gallery space. I will be keeping a close eye on disk space and may add a restriction again if I see too much being used. Regular users still have a 5MB space restriction for the gallery and 5MB for forum attachments.

The forum width is set to 950 pixels so you should be running a screen resolution of 1024x768 or better.