PDA

View Full Version : Unique Motorcars raffle car

weaver
December 21st, 2006, 07:17 AM
The Unique Motorcars raffle car is starting to come together, it will feature an all polished Southern Automotive Super FE and a Tremec TKO600. Here are some pics of the progress.

rdorman
December 21st, 2006, 08:48 AM
Man is that looking GREAT!! The website for raffle ticket sales will be up after the first of the year. Thanks again so much to the Weavers all those that made this possible.

Master
December 21st, 2006, 03:46 PM
Rick, I will be purchasing some tickets. A new Cobra for the lucky winner only 100-200 buck investment plus if you don't win it is a great charity.:cool:

Naumoff
December 21st, 2006, 05:03 PM
That silver with black stripes will look very nice next to my black one. :D
I am in for some tickets.

davebetts
December 26th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I'm sure going to purchsse a ticket or two. Wow would I love to give this one to my wife and go cruising together. I could name is one "Lightening".

PetzJC
January 17th, 2007, 10:38 AM
That silver with black stripes will look very nice next to my black one. :D

I am thinking it will look good going down the road sandwiched between you and Clay....and even better with me driving!! I am definitely in for some tickets.

out there
January 17th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I was by Southern Automotive last week and that is one sweet motor going in that car! Top to bottom it is really dressed out nicely.
Greg

rdorman
January 19th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Can't wait to see it in person! Here are some pics......

Master
January 19th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I have Motor envy.:)

will butterworth
January 19th, 2007, 08:35 AM
but ye shall not fret about yonder car, I plan to park it in yard below deck--dash out and look at it about every two minutes.Pity the dog that tries to pee on a tire, no funeral arrangements will be necessary, there will be no flying over of vultures either, done thought about that ,too. Chavez don,t need to talk to loud either.Will-alabama

dmswann
January 19th, 2007, 10:31 AM
When will we be able to purchase tickets?

rdorman
January 19th, 2007, 10:35 AM
New website is scheduled to go up on 1/28 for raffle ticket sales. www.londoncobrashow.com Drawing will be the evening of June 23!

rdorman
January 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I have Motor envy.:)

Scott, got your call and sorry I have not gotten back to you yet. Had a great time at the holiday party! Missed you there. Next year we are talking about doing it more centrally located, say Columbus, since it is a bit of a haul for you 'southern' folk

ralphscott
January 19th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Really Nice looking engine Rick. How soon will you be firing it up?

Ralph

rdorman
January 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Not really sure Ralph. Personally I really have very little to do with the build. One of our other club member, Bill Dyer is helping to coordinate that. The Weavers and their staff are putting the car together and Southern Automotive put the engine together. We will have a meeting in a week or two and I will know more. If Alan or Maurice read this, perhaps they can give everyone and update!

Of course you know, if you want one just like it, just pick up the phone and call them! I am sure they will be happy to help :o)

ralphscott
January 19th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks Rick I've got my own romping stomping FE. It ould be fun to own another Unique. Hmm just noticed something own and won use the same letters. Maybe I will buy a few tickets!! Also I was curious if they would be test standing the engine? I think Bill does do that with the engine demo he shows at Unique. Did not know if he did that on all engines.

Ralph

rdorman
January 22nd, 2007, 07:22 AM
Not positve Ralph but if I was a betting man, I would bet that they ran it in on the dyno.

will butterworth
January 22nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
will get to see it at homecoming.Will-alabama

Ric S.
January 22nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
Word on the street is the stroker dyno'd around 515 ponies.

rdorman
January 22nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
will get to see it at homecoming.Will-alabama

Won't be there by then..... at least I certainly hope not!

weaver
January 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
The engine is a 454ci and dynoed at 571 hp. I wish I could say it is almost finished but we have been waiting on parts for over a month so it is just collecting dust. I will post more pics when we install the drive train.

Alan

ralphscott
January 22nd, 2007, 05:15 PM
Good point on the "Dyno" advertising what the FE curned out (515) certainly will help with raffle tickets!!

Ralph

rdorman
January 24th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Parts! Arg! Tough sometimes to get fast service when you asking for stuff for free!

weaver
January 25th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Here are pics of the body being installed on the finished chassis.

rdorman
January 25th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Here are some more pictures from Alan. Check out the knock off hubs... nice!

saengine
January 25th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Southern Automotive was really proud to be asked to participate in the 2007 London Cobra Car Show & Raffle for the benefit of Cystic Fibrosis Research. We thought long and hard about the right motor to compliment the beautiful Unique Motorcars 427 cobra replica and at the same time maximize the number of potential raffle participants.

All who know Bill would expect a “big block” that would represent the power, performance & sound of the original cobra. Therefore, we decided to go with our Super FE 452 CI engine which consist of a 390 block, 4.250” stroke crankshaft, CNC ported Edelbrock aluminum heads and a CNC port matched Edelbrock Victor FE aluminum intake manifold which produced a healthy 512 hp @5700 rpms and 518 ft lbs of torque at 4400 rpms. To harness all of this power, we installed a McLeod aluminum flywheel, clutch and pressure plate mated to a Tremec 600 5 speed transmission. Finally, to put it over the top and go for 1st place in any show, we added our fully custom polished and dress up options with all polished surfaces hand treated with Zoop Seal for maximum protection.

A very important note about this engine is that we selected a 1965 Ford 390 block with a casting code C5AE-A and a build code date of 4L7 (11/7/1964) which we felt would minimize any registration issues. Shortly we will be posting detailed build specs, dyno results and pictures along with Southern Automotive’s 12 month warranty policy.
Again, a thank you to the London Ohio Cobra Club for the opportunity to participate in this event for such a wonderful cause.
Bill, Susan, the staff of Southern Automotive and our participating vendors

rdorman
January 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Susan, thank you so much for telling us about the motor. Myself, all the club and most importantly, the people and families that are afflicted with Cystic Fibrosis want to thank you will all our hearts and prayers. We are working very hard on our end to get the most possible to help these folks. We want this to be the best year ever for CF and all of our gracious sponsors:)

rdorman
February 1st, 2007, 05:38 AM
The website for ticket sales and LCS registration should be up any time now. www.londoncobrashow.com

weaver
February 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
as you can see the Unique raffle car is coming along pretty well, we should have it finished early next week, I will post more pics then.

weaver
February 2nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
Here are some pics of the interior, check out the new floor mats.

Naumoff
February 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Alan,The Car is looking great!

Susan, That is one nice engine.

Rick. Website is not up yet.:confused:

juanone
February 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Alan and Maurice,

The car is just awesome. Man you guys have done such a great job, as usual. It will pay off with great dividends I am sure. Everybody will be talking about this beautiful beast and Unique for quite some time.

By the way Alan. Will you guys make those floor mats available to anyone or just for this car? If they are available I want a set for my 289. Great touch guys. Let me know how much and I'll send you a check.

Juan

Master
February 3rd, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'm with you Juan, I would like a pair also. What do you say Alan?

Tony Radford
February 3rd, 2007, 07:02 AM
And WHO blazed the trail by talking Bill into building a polished motor for a Cobra? Ohh the pain. Good choice on the Zoopseal. Mine's still shining after almost 3 years!

weaver
February 3rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
The mats will be available soon, he did these as samples and will get with us on price. I hope the car will be at Homecoming in May but we don't know if it will happen, maybe Rick Dorman can bring it down and sell some tickets.

Alan

TAGCAVE
February 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Alan, Car looks Great, Engine is Beautiful never to much shine under a Hood. Hope to see it at Homecoming, but either way I will be buying over my Share of tickets.

Rodney

YerDugliness
February 4th, 2007, 04:53 PM
The website is not active yet, but I'm curious if anyone knows what the window of opportunity is for purchasing these tickets?

Thanks!

Doug

weaver
February 5th, 2007, 05:56 AM
They will be for sale right up to the drawing around the middle of June, guys from the Ohio Cobra Club will be here Friday so I will know more then.

Alan

rdorman
February 6th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I just heard from the web guys that the site is 99.9% ready to go and should be up tonight, 2/6, @ 9PM. This is a very complex website so hopefully, all the bugs are ironed out. www.londoncobrashow.com.

The tickets will be for sale from the moment the site goes live until some time just before the drawing the evening of June 23, 2007. Tickets will be unlimited, $20 a piece, no multi ticket discount.

dmswann
February 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I checked the website and it is not active yet. If I don't get to buy a couple of tickets soon, my wife will go spend the money on some useless stuff like; utilities, food, credit card bills, etc.

rdorman
February 7th, 2007, 07:01 AM
I checked the website and it is not active yet. If I don't get to buy a couple of tickets soon, my wife will go spend the money on some useless stuff like; utilities, food, credit card bills, etc.

Funny about the wife!

As for the site, we are again shooting for tonight. According to the web guy, the 'ddls were not getting registered on the site'... what ever the heck that means!

rawald
February 7th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I stopped by Unique today. I got to be there when they fired it up for the first time. It sounded awful. Nobody buy any tickets. I will buy a couple so nobody gets stuck with this car but me. I will make this personal sacrifice for the good of everyone.!!!

Seriously, it sounded great and it is a beautiful car.

Randy

rdorman
February 8th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Man would I have loved to have been there!

YerDugliness
March 4th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Y'all can save your $$--I just bought the winning tickets!

Doug

rdorman
March 5th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Video of the car and the builders!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDlgcbSSd7U

pgermond
March 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Very nice :) Great job everyone.

KrAzEcJ
March 5th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Very NICE car and a good job on the video. I really like the one in the paint booth to. LOL

ralphscott
March 5th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I somehow thought you would CJ.

Ralph

rdorman
March 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
The first three day of the Columbus International Auto Show have come and gone... only another full week to go!

The display set up for the raffle car is very, very nice. We are directly in front of the ticket office and entrance to the show (we are inside of course!) so no one can get in or out of the show without walking by us! It sits on a large black carpet. Surrounding it are four aluminum peers about 15 feet tall that have spot lights and rotating lights that project our logo all over the show. The car is roped off to keep folks from touching! On each end of the display we have an AV setup consisting of two large screen TVs. Both play non-stop the entire day and have drawn a LOT of attention. One plays the video Rob made of the trip down to Alabama to get the car featuring Unique, Southern Automotive and Jodeco. The other plays the 2006 LCS video. Ticket sales so far at the show have been good (they are never as high as I would like... love to sell a million of them) and lots of folks have asked about Unique and the other sponsors. Many folks have asked for Uniques business card which we had so we have passed a number of them out!

I will try and get a picture of the setup to so you.