PDA

View Full Version : Updating Uniques web site

weaver
February 13th, 2007, 11:02 AM
We have been in the progress of updating our web site for a few days and the changes we make should be up soon, what we do need are good quality photos of your car for the owners gallery. We need engine, interior and outside shots of 289 and 427 cars. We will post an address to email photos to in a few days so please send what you can.

Alan

dmswann
February 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Will do. Now I just have to figure out how to use that digital camera I bought 2-year ago.

Naumoff
February 13th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Alan,

I guess the Photos I sent to the website webmaster a few months ago won't make it on the updated site?

weaver
February 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Tony, we were able to use your pics but if you have any clear pics without alot of background that would be great. I think the new gallery will be up tonight but it will be a work in progress.

Alan

eliminator
February 14th, 2007, 05:17 AM
No Problem, have got all kinds of them.

weaver
February 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I know it takes time to do this but we really need some good pics.

Alan

Tony Radford
February 14th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Alan, that's like asking a grandmother if she has pics of her grandkids. I don't think there will be a problem getting all the photos you want and more. Add my name to the list. I've got hundreds and a few are actually pretty good. I assume chrome motors are acceptable.

pgermond
February 14th, 2007, 03:45 PM
To tag on to Tony's comment - I hope whatever mailbox you post has a huge capacity :)

twanita
February 14th, 2007, 05:02 PM
hi alan, what file sizes do you prefer for what you are doing . jim o

Naumoff
February 15th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Alan,
Now I can't remember what pictures I sent you. I will just have to go through and send you some more.

excelguru
February 15th, 2007, 07:25 AM
What is the maximum image size (in pixels) that your website builder prefers? Usually, it's stipulated as a pixel count in the longest direction. For the web, I would usually recommend no larger than 900 or 1000 pixels. Unless you want to offer the option of downloadable "wallpaper" in which case you could offer various larger sizes.

I highly recommend that you request images in 72 DPI resolution since most monitors can't display any more resolution than that. It's pointless to use 300 DPI unless you plan to make hi-quality prints. Either setting will look identical when resized to fit on the screen but the difference in file size is gigantic.

I have lots of images to choose from and will seek out my favorites tonight.

weaver
February 15th, 2007, 04:14 PM
We just added a place for customers to upload their photos on the gallery page, if you have a problem uploading let me know.

Alan

weaver
March 5th, 2007, 06:11 AM
If you haven't gone to our site www.uniquemotorcars.com in a while we have made several changes, we still need more pics from owners for the customer gallery. We need pics without a busy background if possible. My brother Rick added a picture upload in the gallery to make it easy to send, if you don't see your pics posted let me know and I will find out why.

Alan

rdorman
March 6th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I know you have some great shots of a silver and black one to use!