PDA

View Full Version : Fan Shroud build

Naumoff
June 15th, 2007, 06:48 AM
http://www.uniquecobra.com/gallery/files/1/4/6/9/fanshroud036.JPG

I built a fan shroud for my 427 Cobra.
My car has the traffic heat creep. When I am cruising in the hot weather there is no problem, just when I am in traffic. The engine has never boiled over but I don't like it when it gets above 200 *F.
Car Craft July 2007 has a great article addressing the basics on resolving this issue. So I decided to take care of it while my engine is at SA for some upgrades.

Follow the link to my gallery and the Photos have description below.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=592&c=3&userid=1469

TurnpikeBoy
June 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Looks good, Mr. T. Proof is in the using - but there's not much doubt this will move a bunch more air thru the rad now. Good luck with all.

What an excuse for popping the motor out, tho. :)

olblu66
June 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
To tell you the truth....Mine was a real pain in the ***.I would give specs on mine,but my car and you're car are just a tad different in measurements. I would measure the left side and the right side would be off just a half in. or so. Did you find this to be on you're car? PAT

Naumoff
June 15th, 2007, 03:18 PM
To tell you the truth....Mine was a real pain in the ***.I would give specs on mine,but my car and you're car are just a tad different in measurements. I would measure the left side and the right side would be off just a half in. or so. Did you find this to be on you're car? PAT

Pat, It was the same PIA and all. You have to custom fit each car In my opinion. The sway bar is a pain. If it was in a different location I would be much happier. I think I could do a much better Job of it. If it does what it is suppose to do I will make another one this winter.

What an excuse for popping the motor out

I needed to wax the frame:D So while I had it out I decided to have a couple of upgrades done.

Slither
June 15th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Very nice Tony:D, but all those finger prints:eek:... when your done waxing the frame, you better get after them, too:p!

Aggressor
June 15th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Picky Picky
Hey Paul - Good call but give the man another chance and I'll bet he'll whip out the Mothers and a polish cloth to make it right. Tony doesn't seem to be the type to let this blemish slide for too long without jumping to action.

-Geary

Naumoff
June 16th, 2007, 05:24 AM
I will have to pull the shroud back off. I just looked through the pictures and saw some finger prints on the inside of the shroud.
If I don't clean those off I won't be able to sleep at night!Thanks Paul:D ;)

Slither
June 16th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I will have to pull the shroud back off. I just looked through the pictures and saw some finger prints on the inside of the shroud.
If I don't clean those off I won't be able to sleep at night!Thanks Paul:D ;)

Good job:D :D!

Naumoff
June 22nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
So far so good. Just in the mid 80s and sunny. I have a 180*F t-stat in and that is 81*c Has not gone over 90*c sitting in traffic at a light.:)

Before it would creep up to 95 t0 100*c.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/gallery/files/1/4/6/9/112.JPG

Slither
June 22nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
That's the ticket:D!

pgermond
June 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Nice..... very nice.

Naumoff
June 24th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Thanks.
100 mile run yesterday and and everything is working great.:shift: