PDA

View Full Version : Used car values?

desertcobra
June 19th, 2007, 08:38 AM
How does the second hand value of Unique Cobras hold up over time?

dmswann
June 19th, 2007, 10:10 AM
My experience leaves me feeling that UNIQUE used values hold up equal to or greater than comparable replicas. You must remember that replicas (kits) come in various level of quality, just like good wiskey. So make sure you are comparing comparable replicas, which is hard since most UNIQUE owners believe nothing compares to UNIQUE. Another point is that most UNIQUE owners keep their cars so you don't see as many used ones for sale as you do other makes (e.g., Superformance, ERA).

Aggressor
June 19th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Inherent value in your vehicle and potential resale value depends on what you have in the car. My opinion is that the closer to actual Cobra the better. If it has the look, the feel, the smell .... more value. When would-be Cobra replica owners ask my opinion I tell them to study original cars and pick a look that they like and then to go for that look.
I really hurt the resale of the two cars that I built on speculation by putting small block Ford engines in a 427SC body. If you don't have a big block wall-to-wall Ford FE in a 427 body you will severely limit the number of people who will look at your car for purchase. Painting odd colors and adding Chevy drive trains may please the owner and may really work fine. When you think about it, a small block in an SC putting out 425 HP is a much better call that a big block putting out 475 HP. With 200 pound weight savings overall and less weight on the front it should handle better. While the car may handle great and look really cool, I believe these items hurt the inherent value.
Unique is a great start for the correct look. Study originals and flip through pictures of Unique vehicles. Uniques don't have the kicked in the *** look of replicas that started off with live axles under the rear. Tires fit properly within the wheelwells and are not extruded like a jacked-up HotWheels toy. The differences go On.. and on... and on.... ... ..
Hope this helps
-Geary

davebetts
June 21st, 2007, 07:51 AM
I've never considered selling, this is the car of my dreams. But, I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said I'm not conscious of the resale values. It's been my experience that Uniques do very, very well. Check out the auctions. First, they are built correctly, both looks and performance. Secondly, this is just my opion now, the people buying Uniques have better taste and respect to what they are replicating. Look at the homecoming photos. You just don't see "trash" Cobras.
To recap, it is my strong opinion that Unique Motor Car products - are second to none!