PDA

View Full Version : Southern Automotives 482FE

Naumoff
June 24th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I had Southern Automotives upgrade my 427FE to a 482 stroker.

OH MY GOODNESS!:eek:

I am (was) a 427FE purist. For what it was originally designed for, high rpm racing, it is perfect.

But for the street the amount of torque put out by the 482 is absolutely mind bending!:D

I have still not fully gotten into it yet. Bill said make sure the car is pointed straight when I do.

All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!:)

to Bill and Susan Parham and Lyle Piper

http://www.southernautomotiveengines.com/images/showroomoutside3.JPG

TurnpikeBoy
June 24th, 2007, 07:06 AM
You heretic. :)

You need to remember, Mr. Naumoff, that while money absolutely corrupts...............POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.

And congratulations on your development into the new ages. Now, be very, very careful with your exuberance in corners......

Tony Radford
June 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hey Tony, is that my car in the front? Looks mighty familiar.

pgermond
June 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Tony,

You must be nuts ;) What kind of hp/torque does it develop? As previously mentioned.... be careful!

Naumoff
June 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Tony, it must be yours.Red w/ white stripes is a rare color combo.;)
Naw, That is a picture I pulled off of SA website.

What kind of hp/torque does it develop?

Phil, GOBS:D

I am just enjoying the cruising again. So taking it easy and being carfeful is not a problem.:cool:

pgermond
June 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Just remember the Golden Rule shiny side up.... greasy side down :D

Naumoff
June 25th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Will do Phil. I have to make it to Homecoming next year.:)

Charlie
June 25th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Tony,
All I can say is wow. I only have the 406 from Bill and one day I decided to get on it which I have never done before. Well let me tell you the car did a 190 deg. you should have seen the look on my wife's face and mine to be honest with you, since then I have never done that again. I can't imagine the power / torque from that beauty.
Where did you get those valve covers? I've been looking for those to buy and have come up empty.

Regards,
Charlie

davebetts
June 25th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I had Bill build one four years ago. Wife, Sandy, and I drove an "out of the cardboard box" service block down and after a few hours and questions, we agreed as to how the car would be run and what I thought I wanted from the engine (looks and performance). He crated and shipped the engine (with a manual) to my mechanic in PA and we installed. Six or seven turns and it fired up. Not too proud to tell you - I had tears in my eyes. My mechanic thought someting was wrong. I explained that this was my second engine,first had a crack in the block, and I only had one more shot to get it right. Can't tell you enough "how right" a move it was to hire Bill and his crew, to build this 427. Great people, super trustworthy, this man knows Ford engines. This engine always satisfies, from that sound of start up, to going down the road. It's all about sound and torque. I've been going to professional driving school (Pocono Nascar track) for two years. Still scares the devil out of me! I've only been able to stab the two fours, it gets up so fast you run out of track (I road race), short straight then all turning. Abosolutely amaising torque - pure American Power.
Best Ford engine builder on earth! And guess who put me in touch? Right - the Weavers.

rdorman
June 25th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Bill is a great guy and built the raffle car motor as well. Very interesting to listen to, a real historian. Thanks Bill!

Naumoff
June 25th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Bill is a great guy. I don't want to leave when I visit. Susan is a sweetheart. I like talking to her. I had a long trip home and forced myself to leave.

Charlie, Were you pointed straight? I got those valve covers from Bill. They have a show polish on them. I really like them.
http://www.uniquecobra.com/gallery/files/1/4/6/9/113.JPG

Dave, Great story. Would love to see you run sometime.

bittentoo
June 26th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Charlie,

If you don't have your rear tire pressures set the same and the car pointing straight, the ride can get quite interesting.

Tony, lookin good!!!

patrija
June 26th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Very nice upgrade! I have 2 years now on my Southern Automotive Super FE and still love it!

Brent
June 26th, 2007, 05:54 AM
The motor looks great!

Should haul some serious mail too!!

Naumoff
June 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks

I am very pleased. :D