PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all from new member

DStrausburg
July 20th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Will soon place an order for a unique 427 model. I am sure once I get started I will be asking for some tcch help. Glad to see that this web site is very active. Hello to all and thanks in advance for any help I might recieve.

Naumoff
July 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Welcome and glad you signed in. You will get a lot of help here.
The Unique build is a lot of fun.
Can you post the spec's on your Car?

DStrausburg
July 20th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I plan on building a 427 model with a 351 windsor crate at 410hp. I will also be using a toploader 5 speed. Not sure on color yet. Plan to do the engine as nice as possible, Braided hoses,painted firewall,fenders,etc.

weaver
July 20th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the site, it will come in handy during your build.

Alan

pgermond
July 20th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Greetings and congratulations on a great choice. Lots of folks here with lots of experience willing to assist. If you don't have a digital camera, go buy one..... it will be a big help and pay for itself many times over.

pbrown
July 20th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the site.

Naumoff
July 20th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I plan on building a 427 model with a 351 windsor crate at 410hp. I will also be using a toploader 5 speed. Not sure on color yet. Plan to do the engine as nice as possible, Braided hoses,painted firewall,fenders,etc.

Sounds like a good start. What toploader 5 speed? A Tremec?

Phil has some good advice. Digital camera so you can post some pictures of your build and anything you need help with.

Brent
July 21st, 2007, 06:09 AM
Take your time and have fun on the build. It is almost sweet sorrow when it is finished.........well they are never really finished. The Uniqie build is an absolute blast!!

have fun,

Master
July 21st, 2007, 06:14 AM
Greetings fellow Buckeye.

Justin Upchurch
July 21st, 2007, 08:36 AM
Great choice. The build is very enjoyable, everything fits just right. See if you can get Alan to drill the holes for the seat rails before you pick up the kit. If you get this done the most difficult part of the build is complete.

Justin

will butterworth
July 23rd, 2007, 06:41 AM
and welcome to the gang. These folks will help you--good undertaking--let down when finished, want to keep going---and you do, add here , there all the time. Right now we are adding spal fans so we can go parading in hot alabama weather. Will-alabama

davebetts
July 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I would be happy to share whatever I know and more importantly, not share what I really don't know.
My best to you!

twanita
July 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM
welcome. i would not have attempted my build without the help of this site. use the search engine to review old posts but don't be afraid to ask questions because sometimes the old posts stay hidden if you don't use the right key words. no matter what combination of parts you use ,someone here has done it.

JeepSnake
July 26th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Don't know if they will work out the same on the 427 car, but I've got a set of templates worked up for drilling the seat rail holes in the 289 cars. If anybody needs them, I can sketch them up and post here. Probably be the weekend before I can dig them out of storage, though.

rdorman
July 27th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Ah! Another Unique in Columbus! Welcome

peter
July 27th, 2007, 06:54 PM
another welcome from ohio