PDA

View Full Version : Shades of the past from Atlanta area

Tony Radford
July 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
So, is anyone the Atlanta area considering making the trek to Pigeon Forge for the aforementioned event? The trip up would have to be awesome in a roadster. With all my new parts, I'm feeling a bit cocky.

weaver
July 23rd, 2007, 03:17 PM
Tony, call me if you decide to go, I should have a room available. Bruce Bunn is going but he will probably trailer his behind his motor home.

Alan

JeepSnake
July 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Tony!

We'll be going, but it doesn't look like we're going to get to leave very early on Thursday to make the trip up a real "event" like we did last year. Looks like we'll be leaving after work and running into the night to get up there and be ready for the Friday morning breakfast cruise.

Last year, we left late Wednesday, spent the night in Blue Ridge, then got up and ran the Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon on Thursday morning before arriving in Pigeon Forge just after lunch.

I looked up an old post I made at the following link, describing a route we have taken before up TN 68 and the Foothills Parkway along the western foot of the mountains. Very nice drive through little communities, as well as through some national forests. Last year, we came through McKaysville and Copperhill in an early morning mist - VERY nice. We didn't pull our windbreakers and sweatshirts off until nearly 10 AM!

http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6928&highlight=cherohala

Anyhow, one of many good routes for you to consider!

juanone
July 24th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Zach,

Wish I could go and see you guys again. Had a great time with your Mom and Dad at the London Cobra Show. They hung out with us of the Kentucky Cobra Club, they met all the folks, made themselves at home and really added to our great experience of the London Cobra Show.

Enjoy the Shades of the Past and take plenty of pictures.

Juan

will butterworth
July 24th, 2007, 05:24 AM
in those woods, eats vehicles, cars, scraps, many a soul perished in curvy tail switch backs and all. Yes--indeed---there be dragons in that land.
Juan Bonilla---greetings friend--come, bring car, fun,and I think Rick mentioned he might not make it this time.
Tony---would love to hook up with you if we could, don,t know travel schedule just yet. Bet new engine and shiny pipes look good. We recoated pipes last winter--look good.Installing spal fans, and I don,t like way have spark plug wires done--will try to redo them --look better.Dang, i,m ready to head out this morning.Just over a month now.
Ralph Scot---ya,ll going to make it this time?Missed you last yr.We won,t talk none about politics, if that suits you.
Alan--ya,ll going to drive cobra this time. Might get to hook up with somebody, lot of fun to run together. Will-alabama

ralphscott
July 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Will, your politics are fine. You know I am a conservative, a Baptist and an independent cuss! I'll be attending to my Dad in FL. Alan's got the room.
Give Joan a big hug!!
y'all have fun!

Ralph 'n' Gayle

eliminator
July 25th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Will, wont make it this year, in the middle of new garage construction.

That particular week is also our busyiest week of the year at work, if have been taking off a paying for it. So we will pass it up this year and try to return next year. Havn't given up the room, just loaned it out one time.

We will miss the trip and seeing all of our friends.

will butterworth
July 26th, 2007, 10:51 AM
If it,s all right I will eat breakfast three times each am, one for me, and one for each of ya,ll.Rick---are you building in back where you showed me the other year.? Should have plenty room. Cyrus built a 30 by 40 garage for us to work in. ROOOOMM compared to basement.Won,t be bringing dixie queen watermelons this year--southern blight-powdery mildew has ruined field of melons.Rick--you will have some bandit coons wanting to get in garage with you.Cheryl feeds coons back there ya,ll, ain,t never saw such friendly rascals.Will let Zach and Sandy pick route to shades of past, they pick some good ones.Will-alabama