PDA

View Full Version : Car cover

davids2toys
August 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM
will be needing a car cover...so far i talked to california cover, the guy was talking SUPERWEAVE, what do you guys think? How about the one Unique sells?

Naumoff
August 8th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Unique sells one? I didn't know that.

Custom fit one from Finishline or Tony Branda. Fleece lined very nice.
I have the one from Finishline and a friend of mine has one from Branda.
Seem to be made the same but different colors. Tan from Finishline and light blue from Branda.

scott h
August 8th, 2007, 06:09 AM
i got mine from summit, wolf brand ,good fit, decent quality, good price.

Aggressor
August 8th, 2007, 06:20 AM
The California Car Covers Superweave is a good product.
I bought one a few years ago for my wife's Mini Cooper.

-Geary

JeepSnake
August 8th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Whatever Unique sells is nice. It is the same material as the cover I have for the Chevelle - wish I could remember the names of both manufacturers. The weave/material makes me think of a "super" or "improved" Tyvek material of some sort.

eliminator
August 8th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Do not get the fleece lined car cover.....the fleece collects dirt, dust, metal particles, anything.

Get the California Car Cover that is like a nylon material, its lightweight, breathable, and to a certain degree waterproof (seams are not taped).

They are not cheap, about 325.00, in that area. They are also washable, I wash mine once or twice a year in a low suds wash. You have a 6,000 to 8,000 dollar paint job so why go with a cheap 150.00 car cover??

davids2toys
August 8th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I agree, fleece is real nice and soft, but lets lots of dirt thru...I had a real good cover for my 60 Vette, and that would be my only gripe!
The superweave is made out of parachute type stuff, washable , and when you put it in the dryer it tightens up the weave whitch is good for the overall protection...This is what the salesman told me

Naumoff
August 8th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I have to say I don't use my cover much. I drive my car to alot. Putting the cover on and pulling the cover off is just one more thing to do.
Besides I like seeing it on my way out to work and when I get home.:cool: