PDA

View Full Version : 15'' knock off's

portscobra
September 11th, 2007, 06:32 AM
I have at this time 16'' compomotive bolt on wheels- going to 15' knock off's. looking at halibrand- trigo & comomotive. any input on these brands- good or bad would be helpfull.

davebetts
September 11th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I have two sets of Trigos - one for street and one for track. Once the hardware is installed, removal is a snap. Never had a problem balancing. and lastly, Lynn (factory guy/owner?) is a pleasure to deal with. He does what he says he will do. I remember when I first got my wheels (through Unique Motorcars), and the knock offs were the standard aluminum supplied. Having been to the Trigo website, I knew they offered a high polished version of the knock offs. Lynn agree that being they were brand new, and for a reasonable upcharge, that he would credit/exchange mine for the polished ones. Very reasonable and fair company to deal with.
Hope this helps! I love mine!

ralphscott
September 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Thomas, I'd like to know what the conversion costs you. I also have 16s and I am concerned about tire availability for the 16s. There are a bunch of things to change in the rear end.

Ralph

ralphscott
September 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Darn it could not get the edit to work for me..... I don't mean in the differential but the half shafts and shocks...

RL

Naumoff
September 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Lynn sold the business to SoCal.

You might want to look at Vintage.With Vintage they also have 17" knock offs that use the same adapters as the 15s

With the Vintage wheels or Trigo you have to shorten the rear end.

The other I don't know if they come in different backspacing.