PDA

View Full Version : Oil filter relocation needed?

cwareham
October 24th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hi-

Smallblock going into an FIA car....is the oil filter relocator needed, or will the oil filter fit with enough room between it and the frame rail? I'd just as soon eliminate as many connections in the oiling system as possible.

Thanks!
Chris

JeepSnake
October 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I don't think it will go unless you were to use a tiny filter of some sort.

For a genuine Ford-approved remedy, get the Ford Motorsport catalog from your dealer and order a 90 degree filter adapter for the small block. That will turn the filter out longitudinally beside the frame rail.

Justin Upchurch
October 24th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Is this the car that just went to Austin? Are you going to run an oil cooler?

Justin

pbrown
October 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Canton Racing makes a nice adapter for remote filters/coolers.

JerryBP
October 26th, 2007, 09:58 AM
If you do not want to go to a remote filter there is a ford racing angle adaptor that attaches where the filter goes, you then angle it down or forward then put the filter on it.
Check summit this link (http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FMS%2DM%2D6880%2DA50&N=700+115&autoview=sku)

weaver
October 26th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Jerry hows your car comimng along?

Alan

JerryBP
October 26th, 2007, 01:30 PM
"Slow" There have been a lot of other things going on around here, Greg has the body primed-sanded ready to paint, maybe we will get it finished next spring.

cwareham
October 28th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back here guys....I didn't get an email notification of posts to the thread.

Thanks much for the quick responses, I think I have an 90* adapter around somewhere.

Justin - Yup, I'm the car that just went to Austin. Are you in the neighborhood?

All the best,
Chris