PDA

View Full Version : Newb in Texas

aks801
January 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Greetings to all.

I have respected Unique's products for some time, considering them part of the "upper strata" of the offerings out there. After spending some time now assuming I'll be getting a FFR, I am really taking a look at alternatives. A lot of it has to do with having the car's body shape look like what I think it should look like. Taking a look at a few other offerings, but sure looking closely at Unique. Mine would be a 427, BBF build, going for a period correct approach.

Hope to learn a lot here, and maybe contribute some along the way.

alan in texas

pgermond
January 25th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Alan,

Welcome. You have come to the right place.

tcolley
January 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Alan,

I built and raced an FFR Spec Racer with NASA here in Texas. But what I really wanted was a more quality street roadster that I could drive to meetings, fun events and also do some "open track" events, that is why I chose Unique!

I'm located in Houston and am picking up my Unique 289 (very period correct) roadster next week. I'm the newest "authorized Unique Dealer & Assembler" and dealer for Southern Automotive Engines for the area. If you would like some information on the cars and engines then you can visit my new website at www.33autos.com (http://www.33autos.com) or email me at: terry@33autos.com

I'd be happy for you to come see my car and visit with you at length as to why I chose Unique over all the others that I looked at.

Welcome to the forum and the Unique family.:D

Terry

aks801
January 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Thanks a lot Terry. Having some local presence is a great plus. I look forward to getting in touch with you to talk about the cars, and take a look at your 289!

alan

tcolley
January 26th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Alan,

I'm looking forward to meeting you and visiting about the cars!:)

Terry

Naumoff
January 26th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Welcome Alan.

This is a good place for info.
The quality of Uniques are fantastic.