PDA

View Full Version : Just a note to the Weavers

Tony Radford
February 3rd, 2008, 01:34 PM
To Alan, Maurice, Jean and the Unique family;

I just felt compelled to drop ya'll a note to say how I think about you every time I hit the road in the little red car. From the time I first set eyes on her in Trussville 6 years ago, I can't tell you how much pleasure I have experienced owning one of the fruits of your labor. I became a chronic Cobrahaulic at that moment and am just lucky and fortunate that it happened to be a Unique (at the time I had no clue of one make from another). Your efforts have created one happy camper!

Thanks again.

Blessed to have a Weaver Cobra - powered by Parham!

richardu
February 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
For me too, owning a Unique Cobra is amazing. From the thrilling day two years ago when the transporter delivered my Deluxe Palet Kit to my door, to the fun and challenge of doing something I've never done before (assemble a car), to the support and patience of the Weavers when I needed answers to the simplest of questions, to the special sound of firing the engine for the first time, it's been a totally satisfying experience. The Weaver's are great people and they build a great product! The car has been under the car cover in the garage for the past month. The snow is blowing outside as I'm writing this, so I don't think I'll be driving the car for a while. But the feeling I get each time I drive my Weaver cobra, the sound of the car, and the way it drives is like nothing else. And the compliments I get from people when they see the car never seem to stop. These thoughts will help tide me over as I impatiently wait for melting snow and spring. It's great to be part of the Unique family!

Dick Untch

will butterworth
February 4th, 2008, 05:29 AM
second you on that comment--had no idea who to buy from--they just happened to be close by us, and the rest is---well ,we drive that.Worked on brakes with Zach saturday--not sure what he was doing with all,em guages and instruments, but we didn,t get in a scuffle or anything, beyond my education.His silver 289 with lights in door, thats a pretty car. And if we built now, it would be the 289--silver.Your right Tony. Will-alabama

weaver
February 4th, 2008, 05:46 AM
We have gone through some tough times over the last 30 plus years but hearing stories like yours make it all worth while. My son Chris asked me the other day what I would rather be doing and I couldn't think of anything.

Thanks, Alan

juanone
February 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Alan,

Having owned another brand of Cobra before buying my Unique 289 gives me a different perspective from those that have not into the special nature of Uniques. I think both cars are great.

Having said that, I can honestly tell you that there is something special about owning something made in the USA, by a family of car builders, in their shop, as they have done for over thirty years.

I had my car built by you, photographed during the process by you, and if ever I have a question I can call and talk to you. That is truly special.

I know I don't call you guys often enough, but I am always thinking of calling and saying thanks often for a great and special car.

Juan

weaver
February 5th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Thanks, Juan