PDA

View Full Version : Fell of off the fence

diegokid
March 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Well I finally fell off the fence and made a decision on the engine for the Cobra. I had found a good 390 motor on a scavenging trip, after dissassembly and cleaning it was found to be standard bore and straight, with no cracks. I took the block and associated parts with me to SA in GA and decided on the FE motor. Bill was pleasent, informative and after I explained why I was so hesitant about Ford power he assured me I would finally have a Ford motor I could keep running. The wife almost choked me for deciding to wait on a Turkey pan, told her I need something for the Birthday.

Returned home through Alabama and said hello to the weavers. All in all a good reason for the wife and I to get out for awhile. The wife's smiles are getting bigger now.
:shift:

pgermond
March 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I don't think you will be disappointed.

tcolley
March 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I definitely agree with Phil...Southern Automotive is the way to go!:D

Terry

Aggressor
March 6th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Good decision. My engine is based on a 1966 TBird 390. It has been a great running engine since fireup in 2001. I have no doubt that it will support my current supercharged upgrade.

-Geary

will butterworth
March 7th, 2008, 08:30 AM
a 351w block over to Bill, s place, did all the boring, crank-alignment-honing and when Cy told him what all he and Zach were going to do to the engine ,old Bill pitched a fit to let him build it, he wanted to build it himself and would guarante the engine, sa, some good old fashioned folks.Susan pitched a fit for us to go down to the pond and go fishing with her, she loves to fish. ALAN--fishing---tell Mr. Jimmie to watch for me and the dean, we going to head that way.Will-alabama

ralphscott
March 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Jim, as it has been mentioned you will not be disappointed, the sound, the look, and the smile on you and your's faces when it fires up!!

Ralph