PDA

View Full Version : broken motor mount,

glenn
March 13th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hello everyone,
Finally got the motor back in the car this week. in the process of tighting the nuts to the the mounts ,I believe i broke the bolt loose from the mounting plate. It doesn't tighten feels like it's pulling the bolt out through the rubber spacer. Plan to raise motor enough to remove mount and check it out. If broken, can i repair the mount by welding a bolt thru the mount and rubber spacer or find a new motor mount? It's a FE 428 with a three bolt pattern motor mount. Any part numbers or suggestions would be appreciated.
Engine install has gone pretty smooth, only issue was to replace orginal clutch and pressure plate due to alinment with a new aluminum flywheel. Just slow and steady progress as time permits. Take care everyone, Glenn

ralphscott
March 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Glenn check with NAPA I cannot recall if mine are 3 bolt or not but here are some part numbers from NAPA to at least start the discussion with them

Passenger side 602-1154
Driver side 602-1155

Ralph

eliminator
March 17th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I would replace the motor mount.....call Unique for a part # or S.A.

glenn
March 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks Ralph and Rick, Website was down on Friday so i called Maurice at Unique to get a part number. Went to NAPA and cross referenced it and picked up the part today and installed it this evening. Didn't really want to try and fix it, just wasn't sure how long it would take to find a replacement part. I feel I'm running out of time to get everything back together for homecoming. Thanks again fellows. Take care everyone, Glenn

ralphscott
March 17th, 2008, 08:00 PM
You are welcome Glenn.

Ralph