PDA

View Full Version : FE Shaft Mounted Rocker Arms

Corinthiancobra
March 26th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I am assembling the parts and pieces for a 428 Ford FE to drop into a Unique Cobra. I realize this aint rocket science, but the acknowledged weak link, if there is one may be the valve train of the 428. I want to top off my Edelbrock heads with an aftermarket rocker arm assembly. The engine has a hydraulic cam with springs matched to the cam specs. The installed open pressure is less than 350 lbs on the springs. Between Crane, Erson, Harland Sharp and Comp Cam...what is the best of the moderately priced aftermarket shaft mounted rocker assemblies that work on the FE?:rolleyes:

Brent
March 26th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I had Blue Thunder's set up on my FE.

I would probably use Comp Cams set-up if I did it again.

Link: http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Instructions/Files/128.pdf

Corinthiancobra
March 27th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Brent..first off, beautiful cars. Kudos to you on the Cobra and the Mustang. Regarding the Comp Cams recommendation, is there any particular reason why you would go with them. The rest of my valve train is CC so that would make since from that prospective.

Brent
March 28th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks!!

3 reasons: need, parts matching, and price

You already have Comp stuff so that makes sense to talk to the same people. Your camshaft and spring combo are very mild and dont need a 1,000.00 set of rocker arms. If you had a roller with 800 lbs of spring pressure a full needle bearing rocker assy would make sense. But you can go that route of you want to. $$$$$$$