PDA

View Full Version : another new member to forum

fKasky
April 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM
First off HELLO to all.
I just found this forum last night, the weaver family was great to deal with. Purchased 427 in 1991 I think and drove it al in 92. That was a 3000 mile trip. With out a top we were toasted to the point of bleeding my poor wifes ears from sun and wind. Great cobra trip!!!!!!!!!! I am not computer savy at all. This is first post any where. The road trip was superb not a single hickup, cobra ran like a cobra should. 428 std. bore, top loader, cam, eddy intake,unilite pretty std stuff. Had 2x4 offy for a while 2 450s then 2 600s now have 3x2 to try, Joe B. said he woould refresh them for me (if they will fit?) Looks like htob are a problem. Mine has been in since 94 when swaped 390 to 428 think I still have slave some place. I used a mcleod so far so good. We did get a top had a friend who did some carson tops for street rods make a lift off harts cloth over alum. fits well no flapping,has not been off in years. just love it. Well I have babbled enough for now. luck to all Frank

pgermond
April 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the forum. It's a good group here and one can learn a lot as well as share their own experience. If you haven't used it already, try the search function..... lots-n-lots of stuff archived.

Naumoff
April 12th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome Frank.

Don't worry about your HTOB. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Would love to see some pictures if your car and custom top.
Maybe you can get the Geek Squad over and show you how to post some pictures.:)