PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming 2008

eliminator
April 16th, 2008, 05:35 AM
The 2 week countdown timer has started..........the car is 100% complete on the annual inspection. Pre-flight inspection will be completed this week-end.

weaver
April 16th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Who's ready and who's still working on thier car.

Alan

will butterworth
April 16th, 2008, 07:19 AM
red will be in two or three car shows in two weeks.What is new on your car this year.?To get ready-ready boys, you have to get under the thing and wipe down everything,or, old Rick will curl up his lip at you when he walks by.Can,t wait to see everybody---ya,ll come, now. Will-alabama

brfutbrian
April 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM
between remodeling my kitchen and tax preparation i havent even looked at my car in at least a month, much less get it ready. taxes went out at 11 pm last nite and the kitchen is back to having water and the ability to cook a meal later on today. so i should be ready in about a week. not going too wild on the cleanup this year seeing as im running the car thru deals gap on the way to gadsden. cant wait to leave i need a break. later, brian.

nolastyankee
April 16th, 2008, 01:49 PM
We're on a tight completion timeline, but here's the quick rundown of the checklist as of today:
Trunk needs weatherstripping
Hood needs prop rod and bumpers
Wind wing/visors are only half installed
Side mirrors need installed
Need to make an aluminum hinge cover for then engine compartment
Install louvers
Install badges
Install wiper blades
Door weather strip
Door sill plates
Rough alignment
Full nut and bolt inspection
Finish balancing the intake throttle blades
Body is getting cut and buffed next week
Fully tune the EFI system
Rewire headlights for bright/dim (I accidentally swapped the wires)

I'll keep the group apprised of our progress!

Slidewinder
April 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I'm ready and hopefully, my team is working on getting my car ready!!

beast
April 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
The BEAST is almost ready. Oil change and wipe down...good to go.
Plated some parts, installed a TKO-600 5-speed, and Butch installed an Aurburn posi unit in the rear since last year. We're headed to Hammond Louisiana next weekend to a car show. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the homecoming.
Gary

eliminator
April 17th, 2008, 05:19 AM
What have you been doing this past winter??

We may have to fly in a crew chief and crew to get you up and running.....I see some midnight oil burning.

Hope everything goes well. My first outing with the car was SAAC in Nashville 2003, we went down with black towels as carpet, absolutely no interior installed but the seats and door panels. I think I had put right at 50 or 60 miles on the car, ride height was in the neignborhood at the best. Still had a blast. So your not going to be 100% satisfied with were you are when you load up for Gadsden, but that's not a problem. It will all come out in the wash!!

diegokid
April 17th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Only about 54 or so weeks until I'm done.

brfutbrian
April 17th, 2008, 07:03 AM
What have you been doing this past winter??

lots of stuff. but nothing that included working in my unheated garage. im mainly running behind because of my cabinet supplier screwed up big time and had to reorder a quarter of the cabinets and i dont start a project without the pieces in hand. im just going to do a quick cleanup and hit the road. got started yesterday so i should get a couple days to relax before its time to go. later, brian.

davebetts
April 17th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I have not even taken the cover off or unloaded from the trailer. She's been in there since last fall. We still have very cold nights/mornings here in New Jersey. Say, I had to knock the ice out of the dog's water bowl this morning. I'll pull her out this weekend - warmer weather predicted. All I need to do is oil/filter, water changes. Tuned up, adjusted valves before I put her to bed. Looking forward to our first Homecoming event.

RJacobsen
April 17th, 2008, 08:56 AM
lots of stuff. but nothing that included working in my unheated garage. im mainly running behind because of my cabinet supplier screwed up big time and had to reorder a quarter of the cabinets and i dont start a project without the pieces in hand. im just going to do a quick cleanup and hit the road. got started yesterday so i should get a couple days to relax before its time to go. later, brian.

I think Rick means the other Brian.

nolastyankee
April 17th, 2008, 10:48 AM
We were busy all winter...Two anal retentive engineers over-building the car means very slow progress!

brfutbrian
April 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I think Rick means the other Brian.

you are indeed correct. gotta slow down here. brian`s car is gonna take some none stop work to make it to gadsden completed. i think he should just bring whats incomplete and just finish in gadsden. full circle type deal. later, brian.

JeepSnake
April 17th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Countdown...

2 weeks till Homecoming

7 weeks till our baby is due!

When we were by the shop last, Sandy was talking with Mrs. Jean about how close Homecoming would be to her due date. Mrs. Jean simply reminded us that...

1) Gadsden has two good hospitals.

2) There will be nearly 50 fast cars and a lot of people who know how to drive fast if the baby decides to come early! :D

RJacobsen
April 17th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Zack, it's that fast driving that makes the baby come early.:)

TAGCAVE
April 17th, 2008, 07:24 PM
As usual I am waiting till the last minute the car is still under its cover in its winter home, Haven't even had time to drive it but once this YEAR. The weekend before homecoming plan to burn the midnight oil clean up, oil change and the normal check of all bolts and fluids to be ready to go.

Rodney

dmswann
April 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm also running way behind schedule. I have got to find a way to retire so I'll have enough time for hobbies......but then what will I do for money? I hope to do a radiator flush, oil change and good general cleaning and polish prior to Home Coming. Let's all hope the weather will be like it was this past weekend.

will butterworth
April 22nd, 2008, 05:29 AM
like that avatar, slides up there and looks at you. Will-alabama

nolastyankee
April 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
We're making progress on our Homecoming to-do list. It's been a tiring couple weeks, but we are getting there!

Trunk needs weatherstripping - DONE
Hood needs prop rod - DONE
Hood bumpers
Wind wing/visors are only half installed - DONE
Side mirrors need installed - DONE
Need to make an aluminum hinge cover for the engine compartment
Install louvers
Install badges
Install wiper blades
Door weather strip - DONE
Door sill plates
Rough alignment - DONE (By the way, we were within 1 degree with our original alignment!)
Full nut and bolt inspection - DONE
Finish balancing the intake throttle blades - DONE
Body is getting cut and buffed next week - GETTING DONE TODAY
Fully tune the EFI system
Rewire headlights for bright/dim (I accidentally swapped the wires) - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NOW
Drill Headlight ring for retaining screw - DONE
Replace PCV valve - DONE
Wire license plate light - DONE

New task we just found out about...
Replace trailer roof vents (old ones broke out with a recent hail storm!)