PDA

View Full Version : Aggressor Checkin In

Aggressor
April 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Here's a few more build photos. She's still under construction and a bit rough looking yet. I have just created a blower to blower brace from a piece ot angle and finished the gooseneck to mount the water tank. The 2 5/16" crank pulley spacer is finally back from the machinist and the blower belt is mounted. Current activities are systematically eliminating bracket flex by welding in reinforcing bracing, fine tuning alignment of the 4 pulleys, and creating more clearance for the waterpump/alternator belt. She's not been fired yet but has been spun over. The blowers create a suprising amount of airflow at cranking speed.

Notice how crowded the engine bay has become.
-Geary

RJacobsen
April 18th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Geary, I know all about how those little things can take lots of time to complete. Pulley alignment is one of those that sounds simple but can snowball out of control when you have to rebuild brackets, spacers, etc. It looks to be coming along nicely. Can you close the hood yet? :)

brfutbrian
April 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM
geary, looks like your getting close. when you get that fired up, make sure your not too lean with your A/F mixture. everybody i know that was new with supercharging burnt several pistons (one at a time) before geting the motor rich enough to not burn pistons. hopefully whoever sold you blowers sold you the carbs and got the right jets. just a heads up. later, brian

cwareham
May 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Holy crap.

TurnpikeBoy
May 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Holy crap.

Oh, yeah! +++1.

-Roger

RonJ
May 8th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Holy Crap! Holy Cow! Holy everything! That looks like the Holy Grail!! Go listen to the Bill Cosby piece before you drive that thing! You are going to post videos aren't you!