PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming News

pgermond
May 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Those of us that couldn't make it to Homecoming would love to hear what's going on. If by chance anyone who is attending has access to the Forum an update would be great! Pictures would be a bonus :)

TAGCAVE
May 2nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Update, I made the show today and ran back home (30 miles ) to pick up the wife. Maurice told me about had new twist this year after the friday night meal we are going on a short cruise thru Gadsden to a concert, Maurice and Alan's Brother is going to sing at the concert, there will also be wine tasting and other things not sure on all the details. The Saturday cruise looks like rain so this Friday night ride sounds like a great idea to me.

I will try to post some pictures tonight or tommorow.

Rodney

RJacobsen
May 2nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hey Phil, I don't expect much info here until next week, In the mean time are you going to the BASH this year?

RJacobsen
May 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Oops, I spoke to soon, TAGCAVE slipped that one in while I was typing.

pgermond
May 2nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hey Phil, I don't expect much info here until next week, In the mean time are you going to the BASH this year?

Hi Rod,

Yes, we're going up on Friday. We're meeting some other Nor Cal folks in El Dorado Hills and going up 50, through South Shore/Stateline and Carson City. a much prettier drive than I-80. Are you attending this year?

RJacobsen
May 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Hi Rod,

Yes, we're going up on Friday. We're meeting some other Nor Cal folks in El Dorado Hills and going up 50, through South Shore/Stateline and Carson City. a much prettier drive than I-80. Are you attending this year?

I can't get away for the whole event, but plan to try and go up saturday.

pgermond
May 2nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Rodney,

Thanks for the update. I'll keep my fingers crossed for dry skies on Saturday for yall. One of my favorite memories of Homecoming is the Saturday drive through the Alabama countryside. If it rains on Saturday maybe you can suggest that yall sit around and drink beer and have Alan and Maurice serenade the group:banana:

Tony Radford
May 3rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
I went up yesterday for the day. I rode with Bill and Susan Parham as opposed to taking the car. It made for a great ride over and back (as we solved many of the world's problems). The turnout was stout as the parking lot was filled with Cobras and the factory was waist deep in BS. A number of shiny new beauties were there ready for delivery. Bill fired up a steriod-filled Hemi and made sure that what little hearing we had left was gone. One particular treat was the opportunity to tour the Spence car. As impressive as the story and journey of the build. The weather was great (at the time I left) and the evening's itinerary sounded excellent. Alan was describing the plan to parade the whole lot down main street during a local Gadsden Springfest in two parallel rows and ending with a "hood up" expose downtown for the locals. I think the effect is enhanced by the fact that Unique is a local business and has been for millions of years. Should invoke some local pride. All in all, a great day for me despite being cobraless for the day.

TAGCAVE
May 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
RAIN at 8:45 A.M. Saturday But the parade last night was fun didn't do the hood up show afterwards. Here are a few picture from Friday.

Rodney

pgermond
May 3rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Excellent [thumb] Thanks guys!

Naumoff
May 3rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for posting pictures.

A sea of Cobras, NICE.:cool:

Wish we were there.

Slither
May 4th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Great to see you again Tony. Sorry you couldn't get the car down.

We got rained out this morning, but by mid afternoon we were on the road, with a reduced group, and had a great 60mile run :banana:!

Just got back... need sleep;).

dmswann
May 4th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I wish we could have made the trip to Barbers on Saturday, but it was really nasty until after lunch in Birmingham. Checkout www.barbermotorsportpark.com for some info. Maybe we can make it next year.

Friday was fun, sure was good to see everyone........now I'm looking forward to Pigeon Forge!

PhillipM
May 5th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Here are a few more pictures from Homecoming. I had a really good time. I aways enjoy being around good people and cool cobras. As always the Weavers did a great job. I am already ready for next year but I do have a bigger reason. Next yr I will get to drive my own. I received my body from the painter 3 weeks before Homecoming. Boy was it hard seeing all those snakes and not picturing myself behind the wheel. Thanks to everyone for all their helpful advice as I start the build process.

glenn
May 6th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Hi everyone,
Made it home safe and sound around two a.m. sunday morning.Twelve hour drive to homecoming is a haul, but renewing old friendships and meeting new ones and the hospitality of the Weavers makes it all worth while. Had a great time, saw some great cars and love those southern fried restaurants and BBQ. Thanks to the Weavers for everything and hope to see you all next year. Thanks Glenn,

Jeff 427
May 6th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Great Pictures!!! Thanks Guys!!!

Hey Alan lots of great Cobras!!! Was it a record turnout??

RJacobsen
May 6th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the pictures everyone. Phillip I took the liberty to stitch some of yours together, hope you don't mind :)

PhillipM
May 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Rod, nice crop job. I still can not find any seams. :)

pgermond
May 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Rod, nice crop job. I still can not find any seams. :)

Rod's an expert fabricator.... of course you won't see any seams.

RJacobsen
May 7th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Rod's an expert fabricator.... of course you won't see any seams.

Having the right tools makes all the difference.

lust4fia
May 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I couldn't help but notice that green FIA with the tan interior. Does anyone have some closer pictures of it.

pbrown
May 7th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I couldn't help but notice that green FIA with the tan interior. Does anyone have some closer pictures of it.

I found this in the gallery. It was posted by Bob.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/gallery/files/1/6/4/8/IMG_1090_thumb.jpg (http://www.uniquecobra.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=405&c=member&imageuser=1648)

RJacobsen
May 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM

This is from last years homecoming but I think its the same car.

brfutbrian
May 8th, 2008, 09:15 AM
thats richard dunn`s car

ralphscott
May 8th, 2008, 09:25 AM
That it is!

Ralph