PDA

View Full Version : Electric Cobra?

pbrown
August 9th, 2008, 08:42 PM
This is cool.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=vfLTvpK_Wn8

Naumoff
August 10th, 2008, 04:34 AM
All you need is a Bose sound system for the engine sounds and an out of balanced washing machine in the boot for the vibration and you are set.[thumb]

I wonder why they have racing slicks on it during the test run. Those are totally illegal on the street. With all that torque it must be the only way they could get traction.:3g:

diegokid
August 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM
For that kind of money they should include the Bose sound system,the washingmachine and an exhaust fume air freshner!

Naumoff
August 11th, 2008, 03:40 AM
batteries are expensive you know.:D

Aggressor
August 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM
What is the life of the Lithium batteries and what environmental issues do they create? They need to be charged in some fashion. If electrically grid charged it could very likely be by nuclear or coal fired facillities. Having "clean" fun with lithium sounds good on the surface but the back-penalties were not addressed. The used batteries need to be recycled or made chemically inert. Nothing is free. There are no free rides.

-Geary

Aggressor
August 11th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Car Craft magazine ran an interesting article on a 470 RWHP 1967 Mustang fastback a few years ago. The car had an E85 powered Ford 390 FE. All the power and noise while running emissions "green".

I would like to do an FE build in the near future.
- 428 FE based built to extremely close tolerance. Virtually zero gapped where possible.
- Intake/heads bunged and modified for state of the art fuel management system
- Flex fuel
- Appropriate O2 sensors and high performance cats.
- Wide ratio 6 speed with deep bottom end gears and 2 overdrive ratios
- 2.88 or 2.72:1 final rear drive ratio

I'll bet that you could setup a vintage Mustang with the 428's gut-wrenching torque that would run extremely clean and yield 30 MPG on the open road. With a second overdrive and 2:72's 65MPH could be at a lazy 1200 RPM.