PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

cal.cheesehead
September 22nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Anyone who is pleased with their clutch external slave setup would be appreciated. My motor is 351w stokes to 410..475 hp. Tremec tko-600. Thanks

TurnpikeBoy
September 22nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Finally.

It took a while to get it squared away, but all is peachy now. I went thru 4 Wilwood slaves in the course of 16,000 miles - but in fairness, that abysmal record was really my own fault. I was asking the slave to operate in a manner it was not designed to; I had it bearing against the bellhousing instead of being hung by the rear threaded rod. The pupose of the hanging-type setup is that it allows the slave to become self-aligning....bearing against the bellhousing, it was NOT, and the very slight pivoting that the piston had to endure under operation caused rapid wear, eccentrically, against the cylinder wall and inevitable leaking.

I finally installed the slave the way it was intended, rebuilt one of the damaged slaves with a bronze sleeve, and that sucker works better than ever. If I can ever figure out posting pics, I will do so.

-Roger

JeepSnake
September 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
I like mine as well. I'm using the Wagner or Raybestos type slave cylinder that Unique used to use. (In fact, I think they are using them again?) This is on a Tremec T-3550.

Part number(s) is:

Wagner #SC124111

Federal Mogul #F124111

Raybestos #SC33721