PDA

View Full Version : My Unique is for sale

rdorman
October 2nd, 2008, 05:41 AM
Sad day but she is up for grabs. Add is here right now: http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1622&cat=2

ralphscott
October 2nd, 2008, 06:21 AM
Sad day indeed! Sorry to see that you are selling.

Ralph

Naumoff
October 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
If I wrote all of that about my car I would think twice about selling it.;)

Good luck on the sale Rick.

What's next?

pgermond
October 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
What's up with this? I leave for a few weeks and this is what I have to come back to?!??!

Master
October 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Rick, any new projects in mind?

rdorman
October 15th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Sorry I have not been around for a while. No projects in the near future but I am cooking one up for a number of years from now. Daughter is off to college and I would rather have the $ in the bank then in the garage!

arrowdriver
October 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Can't you find a husband for the daughter?:)

rdorman
October 16th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Can't you find a husband for the daughter?:)

Lets not rush things! She is not allowed to date until she is 25!

Aggressor
October 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
25 !!!

To restrict her like that shows what a good and caring parent you are.
Keep up the good work.
-Geary

TurnpikeBoy
October 16th, 2008, 08:00 PM
...........except she's already 32 ;)

arrowdriver
October 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Good luck, it doesn't work from my experience. Some societies avoid this problem by arranging marriages for their daughters before they were old enough to cause them grief. I expect that you will be hoping that she meets the right kind of guy and gets married and raises your grandkids. Then you can take them for rides in the Cobra.

Joe LaFives
November 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I remember when you picked that car up and drove it across on Route 66. Randy R owned it here in Mesa. Sorry you have to sell but I understand as I sold mine a couple years back.

rdorman
November 10th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I remember when you picked that car up and drove it across on Route 66. Randy R owned it here in Mesa. Sorry you have to sell but I understand as I sold mine a couple years back.

What a great trip that was! 2000 miles one way. I will never forget it.

Silverstone
November 28th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Is the car still for sale?

rdorman
December 8th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Yes, the car is for sale. rfdorman at aep.com. That is my work email so please keep things appropriate!

Naumoff
December 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Yes, the car is for sale. rfdorman at aep.com. That is my work email so please keep things appropriate!
Turnpikeboy, Did you see that? Rick does not want you to email him at work.:p

rdorman
December 9th, 2008, 01:15 AM

LOL! Funny Tony.

TurnpikeBoy
December 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM

.........oh, O.K. ;)

Naumoff
December 9th, 2008, 11:04 PM
:D

(this is just a response with a grin)

pbrown
December 31st, 2008, 09:24 PM
rdorman,

I see you added free shipping as an incentive. I'm thinking that your car would look really good here in Seattle. I'll see how the finances look after tax season.

rdorman
January 2nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
rdorman,

I see you added free shipping as an incentive. I'm thinking that your car would look really good here in Seattle. I'll see how the finances look after tax season.

Sure did! Until 1/31. My email address and phone number are in the add.

rdorman
May 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I would like to sell this car before the London Cobra Show in June. If you know some one in the market, or you are, it would be great to pick it up here (minutes from the show), enjoy the show and then drive it or ship it home. All reasonable offers considered. Contact information is in the add on CC or you can PM and/or email me.
Thanks!
Rick

weaver
May 21st, 2009, 05:40 AM
Rick, I would focus my advertizing on the Canadian market, they are looking for cars built over 15 years ago while the US market leans more towards later models. I know of 3 Uniques that have gone to Canada for that reason. Good luck.

Alan

arrowdriver
May 21st, 2009, 06:02 AM
Rick, I would focus my advertizing on the Canadian market, they are looking for cars built over 15 years ago while the US market leans more towards later models. I know of 3 Uniques that have gone to Canada for that reason. Good luck.

Alan

The reason for this is that cars older than 15 years don't have to meet any of Transport Canada's requirements regarding safety, lights etc. This "loophole" might close sometime but so far it is there and allows antiques to be imported without hassle. You do have to prove that the car is that old. The one I imported was built by Alan back in 1989 and as further proof the Tenn title went back to 91 so there was no question but I could see that they would have blocked me if I hadn't had the proof. Actually the process of "exporting" it from the USA was more of a bureaucratic hassle as you have to give them several days of advance notice you will be exporting the car so they can search to see if it is stolen etc. They won't let you know of any problem till you show up at the border with the car and then if there is any issue I guess they just grab the car from you.

rdorman
May 22nd, 2009, 05:39 AM
Canada 'eh? How would I let the folks up north know?

arrowdriver
May 22nd, 2009, 05:59 AM
Canada 'eh? How would I let the folks up north know?

The usual way, Ebay. In your description you should also make reference to the build date etc. pointing out that it qualifies under Transport Canada rules. You can Google for these and read up on them. If you have trouble finding this online let me know.

Where are you located?

rdorman
May 22nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
The usual way, Ebay. In your description you should also make reference to the build date etc. pointing out that it qualifies under Transport Canada rules. You can Google for these and read up on them. If you have trouble finding this online let me know.

Where are you located?

Columbus Ohio so fairly convenient to those in the great white north!

weaver
May 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Try Autotrader, they might have a mag that cateres to Canada.

Alan

rdorman
May 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Check out the new pictures! http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1622&cat=500

tcolley
May 26th, 2009, 01:07 PM
rdorman,

Really beautiful car and very nice pictures.

Good Luck in selling it!

rdorman
May 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I do have some one in Canada interested. He needs documentation that proves the month and year the car was completed and/or originally registered for road use. I don't even know who the original owner is! Any one have a clue how I would provide that documentation? Help please!
Thanks
Rick

rdorman
June 1st, 2009, 06:16 AM
I do have some one in Canada interested. He needs documentation that proves the month and year the car was completed and/or originally registered for road use. I don't even know who the original owner is! Any one have a clue how I would provide that documentation? Help please!
Thanks
Rick

Anyone know how I can accomplish this?

robbinsshkr
June 2nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
you might be able to do a title search through the bmv or have a police check done against the vin number. nothing is ever easy at the dmv, i think they like to watch everybody stand in line for an hour just for you to reach the counter so they can tell you the other stuff you need that you didn't bring with you. how many owners before you? Alan would most likely have record of who he sold it to. not sure if he would be able to give out the information, but perhaps you could talk him in to contacting the original buyer, getting the ok for you to contact them direct. maybe you'll get lucky and it was originaly sold as a turnkey. if that was the case alan could tell you when it was completed
good luck,
Eddie

rdorman
June 3rd, 2009, 05:05 AM
Thanks Eddie. I talked to the original owner/builder last night. His wife is retired from the BMV and she is going down to get the info so we should be good!

rdorman
June 4th, 2009, 07:16 AM
If you are one of the folks that has been window shopping my car, you may want to read my last post on the add: http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1622&cat=500

FYI, according to the original owner and builder, Grady Lowe, the car was painted by Alan Weaver and is Rangoon Red. The chassis number I read wrong and is 4006. I am in the process of trying to confirm both facts with Alan.

Thanks!

weaver
June 4th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I've always heard an Alan Weaver paint job adds thousands to the resale value.

RJacobsen
June 4th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Thats probably just those voices in your head again Alan :)

terryk
June 4th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Those paint fumes will do that to you.

rdorman
June 5th, 2009, 06:13 AM

As you can tell by the pictures Alan it held up great! Did you get my email about the frame number?

weaver
June 5th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Yes I did, Grady's wife was going to the DMV to get copies of the original MSO and title.

Alan

Slither
June 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I was at Unique yesterday, and saw a nice red Corvette that Alan painted recently.

It was a killer, awesome job[thumb]! Way to go Alan:D!

Naumoff
June 7th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Where's the pictures?

Slither
June 7th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Where's the pictures?

I ran out of memeory-space on my camera taking photos of Cobras... go figure;).

Alan will have to post some! It looked like they did a fantastic job on it[thumb].

rdorman
June 25th, 2009, 06:28 AM
The car has been sold :o(

arrowdriver
June 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM
That must leave you with "mixed feelings".

Best definition of mixed feelings I heard was "like watching your mother-in-law driving your new car over a cliff".

Slither
June 27th, 2009, 01:02 AM
The car has been sold :o

:( Bummer! :(

rdorman
June 29th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Definiately a mixed bag of feelings. We sure did enjoy that car. Oh well, some day another!