November 5th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Good morning Commrades!
:doh:

eliminator
November 5th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I shall reevaluate my current financial position for 2009......:(

ralphscott
November 5th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Restructured last January, glad I did. Tennessee actually went more republican this presidential election than the last and same holds true for the state house where the republicans won more seats. I do have to admit that we have also cut back on our consumer spending. With good 'ole Barney Frank and Chris Dodd riding herd over Fannie and Freddie and the Banking committee we'll be just fine.

Ralph

scott h
November 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM
take from the middle class and give it to the rich. If that isn't redistributing wealth what is?

brfutbrian
November 5th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Good morning Commrades!
:doh:

i normally dont talk politics but, you want some cheese with that whine? what did you expect after the last 8 years? please dont get me started. later, brian

pbrown
November 5th, 2008, 11:49 AM
C'mon guys. Do you really think you'll be standing in line for toilet paper?

It's clear to me that the lack of regulation over our lending institutions that put us in the mess we're in. And the economy was the one thing in everyone's mind when standing in the voting booth. I am a big McCain fan and always have been but anything is better than the village idiot we've had for the last eight years. For me it has always been about fiscal responsibility. The last three Republican administrations have spent way more money that they had a right to. I don't like being in debt to the Chinese. If you want to claim to be a conservitive then really be one. If you don't have the money, don't spend it!

That said. I'll be selling off the GE, Raytheon, and Halliburton stocks.

will butterworth
November 6th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Naw--hold on--don,t sell right now--this too shall pass.Markets are adjusting to democratic adm., --will come out of it--may be 12 or more months--I am worse off than you--trying to get everything lined up to retire Jan.1 09--this storm will pass, america will still be here.Now is the time for little folks like us to buy.Take care-good luck.Will-alabama

ralphscott
November 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Will, I continue to buy as I am an advocate of Benjamin Graham, in the purchase of value stocks. Buffett worked for Graham in his youth. I plan on holding these stocks for at least 5 years. I can only imagine the difficulty you have in planning your asset allocations to meet your retirement needs. The market over the last two days is responding to the president elect's position on doubling the capital gains tax and revoking the bush taxcuts and the uncertainty around small business (Small Caps stocks) regarding other aspects of the president elect's campaign promises.

Patrick, I share your anger regarding the Community Redevelopment Act and the consequences visted upon the American public by the fools in Congress that forced banks to give out these loans and forced Freddie and Fannie to buy more of these toxic assets yet resisted calls for more regulation and oversight of Freddie and Fannie, hence my sarcastic comment about Frank and Dodd, they should be treated like Michael Milikin the junk bond king.

will butterworth
November 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
you are right on target,that is exactly where all this financial mess started--every bad thing that is happening in our economy is directly traceable right back to washington.I don,t worry about moscow, tehran, i worry what washington might do.Doesn,t appear anyone up there has ever had a class in economics.Pelosi and Obama are looking straight at wall street--last big money gov. doesn,t have a big hand in. But they will. Thats mine and your retirement money they want.AAAHHHH SS-----T.get mad--will hush.Friend from alabama---will.

Tony Radford
November 7th, 2008, 04:51 AM
www.infowars.com/?p=5798

It's this kind of stuff that worries me. Is it fair to say big brother just got bigger?

will butterworth
November 7th, 2008, 06:31 AM
that is exactly what i mean--where the real big money is.Last BIG pot uncle can grab.Will-alabama

ralphscott
November 7th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Will I sent you a private message...

Ralph

pgermond
November 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Back in the USSA :(

Naumoff
November 8th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Well it looks like time to go back to burying the mayonnaise jars in the backyard.

TurnpikeBoy
November 8th, 2008, 06:19 AM
IF all of the Prez-elect's plans get thru - and that's by no means a certainty- we will all be broke. And thereby able to become re-aligned into his redistribution scenario.

Might not be as much available as we thought we would have, but enough to cover the Colt 45 malt liquor.

Remains to be seen how this will play out. However, the selection of Rahm Emanual as his right-hand hatchet man is a baaad omen.

Tony, I'm partial to zip-lock baggies meself. :)

ralphscott
November 8th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I like PVC pipes with screw caps

Naumoff
November 9th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Maybe I am just old fashion.

It is hard to find a good mayo jar these days.

The PVC with a screw cap,MMmmm, I have plenty of those. They won't break when you dig them up either. [thumb]Thanks Ralph

Roger, Zip-loc baggies!?! I should have known to expect that from a baby block guy. Do you carry your wipes in them too?:D;)

diegokid
November 9th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I've never been a big Ann Coulter fan but here is a pretty good read.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29385

TurnpikeBoy
November 9th, 2008, 06:26 AM
.....Zip-loc baggies!?! I should have known to expect that from a baby block guy. Do you carry your wipes in them too?:D;)

Hhmph. Baby block, indeed....it's an adolescent block to you, sir. And, yes, I do include a fair number of Kleenexes in each bag, to blot up the tears that arise from having to dig up the mad money ;). They do offer a degree of security, too - don't clunk the way a mayo jar does when hit with a shovel.....and they make finding them without the X-marks-the-spot-map a whole lotta fun, too!

Naumoff
November 9th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Hhmph. Baby block, indeed....it's an adolescent block to you, sir. And, yes, I do include a fair number of Kleenexes in each bag, to blot up the tears that arise from having to dig up the mad money ;). They do offer a degree of security, too - don't clunk the way a mayo jar does when hit with a shovel.....and they make finding them without the X-marks-the-spot-map a whole lotta fun, too!
Treasure maps are fun but you
don't need an X marks the spot one anymore. Just stand over it and record the location in your GPS.

TurnpikeBoy
November 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
........establishes the difference between the old and the new ;)

Modern newfangled deevices...nuthin wrong with paper and pencil. Batteries don't run out with paper, you whippersnapper.

Naumoff
November 9th, 2008, 01:44 PM
........establishes the difference between the old and the new ;)

Modern newfangled deevices...nuthin wrong with paper and pencil. Batteries don't run out with paper, you whippersnapper.

OK Pops. So you are making pencils and paper at home now.:p;)

TurnpikeBoy
November 9th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Damn right. And I walked to school, uphill both ways, in four foot snowfalls 8 days a week.

Slither
November 10th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Damn right. And I walked to school, uphill both ways, in four foot snowfalls 8 days a week.

I remember those days... it was down here in Mississippi;)! Man those hills are brutal in the snow:D.

diegokid
November 10th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Yawl forgot to mention carrying in water to wash and using the outhouse in the winter!

TurnpikeBoy
November 10th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Yew had an outhouse?? Lucky rich kid..... :)

Fightin' off dem bears for the comfy spot on the log - the spot without splinters - was our privy.

Ahhh, good ol' Mississsip.....yah, there always was light snow down there....glad I was outta school by the time I moved to Pennsy - they gets REAL snow up here! Makes it tuff to even find the log, never mind the comfy spot ;)

......So. Whattya got to say now, Toeny the Plumber? :)

Slither
November 11th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Yah, Toeny!

;)

Naumoff
November 11th, 2008, 02:46 AM
And that was after the first "NEW DEAL" Wait to see what your children have to live through on the next one.

Damn, how was that to bring this thread back to the subject.:cool:

Roger,
I hope you use your left hand to wipe because I have already shook your right.:)

Aggressor
November 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Tony, It takes a man with your wit and natural charm to steer back to topic. Good work my friend.

I viewed both candidates as 4 year place holders for perhaps (By some chance occurence) a decent candidate in 2012. Just pray that the big "O" does'nt screwup too bad or gets all of his wishes til then.

For now it's like proudly reporting back that "We've hit bottom and have begun to dig."
AH - The mindless bliss - the absence of knowledge.

Maybe the Reverend Al Sharpton for Secretary of State.

I think my wife voted for Nader. A futile but noble gesture.

God Bless us all - We're gonna need it.

-Geary

diegokid
November 11th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Actually we lived in Indiana for several years as a kid, thats where I had to carry bath water and use the outhouse. As a kid growing up though it really wasn't bad at all because thats what we had. Lived in the country and could leave the house in the morning with a shotgun stay all day in the woods with dads bluetick hound and never get bored. Summers were good too creeks everywhere, I remember losing the snake we caught in the house. We never told mom, she found him several weeks later when she cleaned under the couch. My brothers and I still laugh and rub our backsides from that episode. It was the first and last time my baby brother tried to run from mom.

:BEER:

Naumoff
November 12th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Geary, you are too kind.

Al Sharpton for S of S, I'd like to see that.

diegokid,
That sounds like my mum's childhood. She and her two brother would be out all day in the woods and fields around the village in England.

diegokid
November 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Used to stay at the Smokehouse outside Mildenhall AFB quite often. Kidney pie is a little different but the Beer in front of the fireplace is fantastic. Although we both speek the same language the first time you go to England and make some friends you can entertain each other after a few beers just listening to each other talk.

They used to make great bikes too! My two favorites were an old 1958 BSA 650 and a 750 Norton Commando. The Norton and cranking was always 50/50 without work but was fun once started. I always wanted one of the Manx's.

ralphscott
November 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I had a Norton 850 Interstate one of several bikes I loved. Oh yeah WD-40 was key to the sucess of my Lucas "Prince of Darkness" electrical system.

Ralph

Naumoff
November 14th, 2008, 01:32 AM
My dad was stationed at RAF Croughton, 18 miles north of Oxford.
My mum was the book keeper for the BOQ where she met him and the rest is history.

I love steak and kidney pie. Between my dad's Czech background and my mum's English one we had a pretty extensive menu when I was growing up.:)

diegokid
November 14th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I'm still confused as to why someone would choose to use the positive side for grounding in the first place! Some of the magnetos those old bikes ran with could deliver a really nasty shock.

ralphscott
November 14th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I'm sure there is some very logical reason. My first experience with it was the '53 MG-TD that my dad and I rebuilt and continued to maintain through out my high school and first couple years of college. We were living close to Chicago then and the winters were rough. The battery could not turn over the engine in the sub zero weather and provide enough spark enough to fire the car up. TD's came with a hand crank so rather than trying to use the starter when it was cold I'd use the hand crank to get it started. I remember the routine well -- ignition on, choke out, car in neutral, handbrake set, and one crank on the crank and the little 4 banger was purring along.

Ralph

Naumoff
November 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I'm still confused as to why someone would choose to use the positive side for grounding in the first place! Some of the magnetos those old bikes ran with could deliver a really nasty shock.

It is a road safety issue. Keeps you from falling asleep.;)