PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Annual Unique Forum Fundraiser

Slither
November 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I have a feelin' that ol' Phil is just chompin' at the bit to get the annual fundraiser started for 2009, so let me volunteer to be the point-man on it this time.

It's that fall time of year, and we are heading to the close of the 2008 Cobra season. Anyone that has ever needed technical help, and anyone that has been through, or is contemplating, a Cobra build knows the value of both the technical information and the camaraderie housed within the virtual walls of this great site:banana:. Without Patrick's steadfast support of all of us, we would be going out to the other sites that are... well you know:rolleyes:.

I am calling on each and every one of you to step up to the plate and support Patrick's effort to keep us all in touch with one another, in touch with the technical help, and in touch with special events, all of which are of interest to someone here on the site.

Let me extend a special invitation to those of you who have never made a contribution to this site to consider becoming a supporting member this year. I know that you benefit from being able to come here and visit... even if all you do is lurk. Let's see some new names to go along with those that are the same year after year. And we appreciate those regulars[thumb]!

As a final point, let me encourage those that have wished they could contribute to the technical side of this hobby, but are unable to do so due to less experience with things automotive.

For those of you that find yourself always thinking, "I would love to be able to help these folks someday." Well, here is your chance to provide valuable help. By supporting this site, you make it available to anyone needing help. And that is just as important as providing the technical information directly. Because, techy info is not any good if you can't get to it.

Go to the main page and click on the donations link in the top lefthand corner of the page. Then follow the instructions. Or you can snailmail a check to Patrick at his address:

Patrick Brown
c/o UniqueCobra.com
2841 NW 74th St
Seattle WA 98117

Patrick also accepts PayPal to: pbrown206 AT gmail DOT com

So there you have it. You know what to do. Now go do it:cool:!

PS Patrick, if I have made any mistakes here, please update us.

Thanks

pgermond
November 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Well said..... and thanks [thumb]

Slither
November 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks Phil, you were a good teacher:D!

will butterworth
November 17th, 2008, 07:16 AM
contribute much substance to a build, but, always come see what you all are doing, every day,learn a lot--count me in--and thanks a bunch for leading the effort this time. Will-alabama

Slither
November 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks Will, and you do contribute. But I am wondering about the Prof. and his thoughts on the recent political/economic issues we have see. He's been conspicuously silent on all this:confused:!

Why don't you get him to start a new thread and fill us in on his thoughts[thumb]!

will butterworth
November 24th, 2008, 07:41 AM
a minute to think up something appropriate for the day and times. Will-alabama

pgermond
December 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Just ponied up via PayPal. Hope others see the value of this forum and do the same.

Thanks again Paul for leading the charge [thumb]

Slither
December 2nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks on both counts Phil!

Wow, 200 views for this thread and only two of the gang come to the party:confused:.

Before long Phil, we'll be needin' to call in the troops:cool:!

pgermond
December 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
I know what you mean..... it is frustrating. I remember a few years back when Patrick was having severe server and software issue - the forum would be off-line for days and people were going through withdrawals and freaking out because they couldn't get answers to their questions. The donations poured in to get a new server and software. Perhaps Patrick should inadvertently pull the plug to get everyones attention :rolleyes:

Perseverance my friend - Just keep bringing it to the top every week or so and see what happens.

Slither
December 2nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
OK, will do! I know they will be in before long:D...

jmillington
December 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
$$s sent, well worth the money! [thumb]

davebetts
December 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Keep up the good work. Still find the forum interesting and informative. Just continues the "Cobra Experience". Thank you to all envolved.
Merry Christmas from New Jersey!

Slither
December 5th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Jim and Dave,

Thanks for participating guys[thumb]!

Slither
December 16th, 2008, 01:38 AM
OK, the first month is down and counting...

By the way, nobody wants to be the last one in;)!

pgermond
January 2nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Paul,

Happy New Year. So, how is the tally? Are folks jumping on board?

Slither
January 3rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
Paul,

Happy New Year. So, how is the tally? Are folks jumping on board?

Thanks Phil, and Happy Hew Year to you and yours, as well.

On Sunday, I was planning to ask Patrick to give us an updated list for '09, since many folks could be sending a donation and not posting here.

If they aren't, it looks grim for this year:eek:! I know that folks have taken a big hit with the economy tanking. However, it doesn't take much to help out.

Let me encourage those who have not yet pledged to take a few moments and do so now to help keep this great site up and running. Keep in mind that we are all facing that same economy, including Patrick:(!

2009 is upon us, so jump onboard and become a contributing member for this year.

Thank you to both those that have lent their support and to those about to[thumb]!

pbrown
January 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
I'll post the list later today.

Slither
January 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
OK, thanks Patrick. I hope it's a long one!

pbrown
January 3rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Here is the official list:

Via PayPal
James Millington
Philip Germond
Dennis Swann
Terrence Keay

Via Cash or Check
Dave Betts (love your business card BTW)
Will Butterworth

Slither
January 7th, 2009, 11:29 PM
OK, thanks Patrick. I hope it's a long one!

Like I said, I was hoping the list would be longer:(... still time to pledge[thumb]!

aks801
January 8th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Just did mine via PayPal. Not a lot, but I'm assuming this can be done periodically throughout the year?

Slither
January 8th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Just did mine via PayPal. Not a lot, but I'm assuming this can be done periodically throughout the year?

On an as needed basis... I mean as you feel the need to support the site!

Thanks for the pledge, it is appreciated [thumb]!

sllib
January 12th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Mine's creeping across the country by snail.
Bill Stradtner

Slither
January 13th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Mine's creeping across the country by snail.
Bill Stradtner

Thanks Bill, the Pony Express counts[thumb]!

There is still room in the club guys... hint, hint;)!

Slither
January 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Beat the last minute rush!

I plan to ask Patrick to update the list at the end of the month (Please hold off until 2/1).

If you haven't already, please join the "friends of" section of the site.

If you already have, then, "Thank You[thumb]"

Keep those pledges coming!

Slither
February 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
OK Patrick, please update the list...

Thanks!

pbrown
February 4th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Here is the updated list. Names in bold are new since the last posting.

Via PayPal
James Millington
Philip Germond
Dennis Swann
Terrence Keay
Scott Hamelin
Alan Stout
Patrick Quattro
Paul Wilder

Via Cash or Check
Will Butterworth
Stanley Muller
William Stradtner
Ric Southers

Thanks everyone.

pgermond
February 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM

Okay, you can't leave us hanging like that - lets see it :)

olblu66
February 6th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Hay Patrick. Don't know where my PayPal payment went to. I sent it in awhile back, and on the latest update I was't counted for. Did you get it? I have the payment receipt. Let m e know ok. Pat Quattro

pbrown
February 6th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Hay Patrick. Don't know where my PayPal payment went to. I sent it in awhile back, and on the latest update I was't counted for. Did you get it? I have the payment receipt. Let m e know ok. Pat Quattro

I'm sorry about that. I found it and posted it to the list.

Slither
February 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM

Same for me Patrick:confused:... I have a receipt from a while ago...

pbrown
February 11th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Same for me Patrick:confused:... I have a receipt from a while ago...

Sorry Paul. I found it.

Slither
February 12th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Sorry Paul. I found it.

Thanks Patrick. We all appreciate what you do for us[thumb]!

pbrown
March 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Here is the updated list for those that have been wondering.

Via PayPal
James Millington
Philip Germond
Dennis Swann
Terrence Keay
Scott Hamelin
Alan Stout
Patrick Quattro
Paul Wilder

Via Cash or Check
Dave Betts
Will Butterworth
Stanley Muller
William Stradtner
Ric Southers
Eddie Robbins

Slither
March 21st, 2009, 01:06 AM
From the other thread...

If that means you're now a Friend of Unique, Eddie, I'll put the 'Ataboy in the 2009 Fundraiser thread[thumb]!

Yep, the funds are somewhere between IN and WA.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Eddie

Attaboy Eddie[thumb]! We appreciate ya!

Slither
March 21st, 2009, 01:10 AM
To all that have become contributing members for 2009, a big

:banana::banana:Thank You[thumb]!! :banana::banana:

For everyone else, please consider joining the team as soon as your situation permits. It's not too late for '09.

:D

pgermond
March 21st, 2009, 08:25 AM
Paul,

Thanks to you for leading the charge this year.......... you did an outstanding job [thumb] As a matter of fact, so outstanding I nominate you for next year as well :D

Sincerely - thanks again.

richardu
March 21st, 2009, 01:04 PM
Count me in as well. Patrick has done a great job keeping up the site. It's been an invaluable source of information to me. I'm still a novice when it comes to automotive stuff, but I feel I've learned much from the extensive knowledge base of forum members.

Dick

Slither
March 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM
I nominate you for next year as well

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Paul,

Thanks to you for leading the charge this year.......... you did an outstanding job [thumb] As a matter of fact, so outstanding I nominate you for next year as well :D

Sincerely - thanks again.

Thanks Phil, I appreciate your help and your example! But I wouldn't want to take someone else's opportunity to carry the torch;).

Slither
March 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
Count me in as well.

Thanks Dick[thumb]!!