PDA

View Full Version : Kit Car Magazine

weaver
December 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
We got a call last week from Brian Smith the editor of Kit Car Magazine, the mag went out of buisness a couple of weeks ago. The last magazine will probably be the March issue. Kit Car wasn't the only mag to be cut, 2 others got the axe. Looks like Kit Car Builder will be the only industry magazine left.

Alan

ralphscott
December 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
That is so disappointing! That was the one mag that I read cover to cover. Sign of the economic times??

Ralph

weaver
December 8th, 2008, 10:36 AM
We are pretty slow right now, we are building several 36 Cabriolets and just a few Cobras.

Alan

robbinsshkr
December 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I just received my first magazine of a two year subscription.

jmillington
December 8th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Darn, I just received my first magazine of a one year subscription. :(

cal.cheesehead
December 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Alan, hope you haven't forgot about mine!

Naumoff
December 8th, 2008, 02:30 PM
It is a great mag. I am going to miss it.:(

diegokid
December 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
My brother runs a paint and body shop. He also has noticed a large drop in buisness.

Slither
December 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Wow:eek:! That is a real disappointment:(. Unique was getting a lot of really good publicity through them. I will miss it.

JeepSnake
December 9th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Unique was getting a lot of really good publicity through them.

Agreed, Paul. That was always one of the great things I looked forward to - seeing a friend's car in the mag. It also made for very good publicity at car shows when the inevitable someone would say to me, "Unique? I've heard about (usually) Factory Five, but I don't know anything about Unique..." Just whip out the latest issue of Kit Car and show them the articles.

This does explain why my latest issue was very, very late in arriving, though.

jmillington
December 10th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I enjoyed reading about the Western States Cobra Bash 2008 in the November issue of Kit Car Magazine.

I want to order the back issues that cover the WSCB 05, 06, and 07 events, but when I contacted them, they said I needed to specify exactly which issues I wanted to order, as they didn't have access to the contents of past issues!?

Anyway, does anyone have or know which back issues covered the WSCB 05, 06, and 07?

Thanks!
Jim M

Master
December 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Let's hope the economy turns around and they start the publication back up. I will miss it as well.

pgermond
December 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I enjoyed reading about the Western States Cobra Bash 2008 in the November issue of Kit Car Magazine.

I want to order the back issues that cover the WSCB 05, 06, and 07 events, but when I contacted them, they said I needed to specify exactly which issues I wanted to order, as they didn't have access to the contents of past issues!?

Anyway, does anyone have or know which back issues covered the WSCB 05, 06, and 07?

Thanks!
Jim M

Jim,

Post your question on Club Cobra under the Nor Cal forum. Someone there (probably Duane) can nail that down for you.

jmillington
December 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks Phil, I should of thought of that.

That's why you get paid the big bucks! :shift:

pgermond
December 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Jim - Happy to see you got your answer (and a past issue) over on CC. Fast too!

ralphscott
December 26th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Got a card in the mail on the 23rd said they would finish out my subscription with Hot Rod

Hope y'all had a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ralph