PDA

View Full Version : Retirement Time

will butterworth
December 16th, 2008, 06:46 AM
has come about for this old timer.This is my last week on the job. Currently recovering from surgery on r. shoulder-joan brags she knocked chip off --actually been in lot of pain since september with two spurs protruding into muscle-tissue, with complications from arthritis.So this will be my last week. Been nice chatting with ya,ll these years, so take care, and will see you next spring,homecoming, and next fall ,pigeon forge.Grandgirl calling me to come home,so will go.When you are in alabama come by to see us.Will-alabama

eliminator
December 16th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Will,

You know there is still the internet after you retire....actual more time to use it then now.

Good luck and have fun, see you in May...more time to wax the frame!!!:banana:

ralphscott
December 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Hey Will, What did the expression "Been nice chatting with ya,ll these years, so take care,..." mean? No internet at home?? Can't imagine you being off line. Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Tell Joan to baby you more 'than usual' during your recovery! From one old f**t to another do the P.T. exercises, you will be better than you ever expected. Glad you are joining the ranks of us retirees! I sent you a private message some time ago did you get it?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, Joan and your wonderful family.

Ralph and Gayle

diegokid
December 16th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I retired too, it lasted two years before I was ready to scream in boredom. Find a good hobby and don't lose touch.
:3g:

pgermond
December 16th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Will,

Retirement has been the best job I ever had - so take it from me and go enjoy, I'm sure you have earned it. So all your posts have been on company time, huh? :)

Slither
December 17th, 2008, 02:27 AM
How are we gonna stay up on his dealin's if you don't come around anymore:confused:?

will butterworth
December 17th, 2008, 06:25 AM
all on company time.
Ralph--missed it somewhere along. Thanks, am doing the exercises.
Farm work to carch up on, about 30 acres haven,t bush hogged yetZach clipped about 57 acres for me this year.Will have lot to care for, have pretty young orchard coming on.And always farm equip. to work on. And have grandgirl to keep starting January when Joan goes back to taxing people.Have computer sitting in room at house will get acquainted with so can keep in touch. Will-alabama

Slither
December 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
How are we gonna stay up on his dealin's if you don't come around anymore:confused:?

By the way, how is the professor, anyway?

dmswann
December 18th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Congratulations!!!!! This means you will be able to get to Pigeon Forge early and help Ralph set-up tables and chairs.

Merry Christmas!

will butterworth
December 18th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Vernon VON Studebaker just lounges around house, teeth gone.Ralph likely will need some helpsetting up shop at Forge.Will be good duty.Will-alabama

TAGCAVE
December 18th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Congratulations, Will on your retirement, hope the shoulder gets better soon, Keep the farm running smooth and we will see you next spring in Oxford or at Homecoming.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Rodney

Slither
December 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Vernon VON Studebaker just lounges around house, teeth gone. Will-alabama

Wow, that really does mean his bark is bigger than his bite:(! Give him our regards. But, tell him to get off his duff and have some adventures... after all... you're retired now:banana::BEER::banana:!

Naumoff
December 21st, 2008, 03:12 AM
Ouch! Sorry about your shoulder. Take care of that.

Sounds like you will be busier retired to the farm than playing on the internet at work all day.;)

Congratulations Will.

richardu
December 28th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Enjoy your retirement Will. Over the past few years I've been on the Forum I've enjoyed your posts and great advice. Keep those posts coming!!

JerryBP
January 7th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Take some time off and enjoy anything you like.

I have been retired for a year now and am so busy that I am wondering how I ever had time to work. Later Jerry