PDA

View Full Version : Fairlane

diegokid
January 17th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Picked up a new car for the daughter the other day. 1967 Fairlane 2D HT. Has 67,000 miles on it third owner with AC, PS, PB, 289 with C4. Pretty much rust free, minor surface all there is. All the interior is in tact with no rips or tears and most of all it is still the factory red. Haven't seen a car in orginal shape this clean in a long time, still has the purchase reciept and all paperwork from Ford.

Now for questions, was the C4 a good transmission and does anyone know of a Fairlane site out there?

RJacobsen
January 17th, 2009, 08:45 AM
My first car was a 67 Fairlane XL, 289, auto, bucket seats and floor shift. The C4 is a very good transmission, behind a 289 you shouldn't have any concerns. I have even heard of some people using it behind some high HP engines although I don't think that would be my choice.

RJacobsen
January 17th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Found this site http://www.fairlaneclubofamerica.com/

ralphscott
January 17th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Jim, that is a great transmission for the 289. I do have a small block C6 for those who want more power out for their small block. My 72 Mustang Mach 1 has an FMX which is OK takes 300-350 HP.

What a great find!

Ralph

diegokid
January 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the link, friend of mine told me about Woodys Fairlane site also. The transmission doesn't shift out on its own. More stuff to work on. We are getting closer to finishing the Cobra so the fairlane will be next.