PDA

View Full Version : Build update

Brent
February 4th, 2009, 10:03 AM
There does not seem to be many build threads like there were on this site a few years ago. It seemed like the site was 2X as busy and there were build pictures every day. Those builds were huge in helping cars be nicer and more 'ironed out" when they were done. You know who you are. Phil, Eliminator, Master, Kelly, Clay, Brian, KRAZECJ, Justin, Georgiasnake, Ralph, Juan, etc. Now almost nothing! You new guys building need to buy a darn camera and help the newbies out (-: The baton has been passed, don't drop it.

My long time close friend Eddie "robbinsshkr" that only lives a few miles from me is building a Unique 427 with a S. A. Super FE and Toploader sent me pics from his painter yesterday. WOW!!! This thing is candy and it is hot. I thought I would send a coulpe of pics for him.

He is doing an outstanding job on the build. Everything is well thought out and very detailed. If it is anything like his split window Vette was it will be awesome!!

RJacobsen
February 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM
WOW, when the underside looks that nice I can only imagine what the rest will be like.

Your're right about the lack of new build posts ( I'm guilty as well :o ) my excuse is the lack of "post worthy" progress on the car.

weaver
February 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I have asked several customers with cars in progress to post some build pics but most still haven't, they don't even post questions on the forum. The car must be too easy to build.

Alan

Brent
February 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Alan,

I figured you were just selling rolling painted cars or T.K. cars in the last 2 years. I guessed everyone was just "buying" cars instead of building them. Heck you guys are gonna make me post Mustang pics here if nobody posts any build pics. Don't let that happen. Step it up guys! Who's building what? Let's see some cars!

aks801
February 4th, 2009, 01:28 PM
The car must be too easy to build.

Alan

Great shot across the bow! Very nicely done.

brfutbrian
February 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Heck you guys are gonna make me post Mustang pics here if nobody posts any build pics.

please do! i never get tired of seeing your work. are you making the trip south this spring? later, brian.

pgermond
February 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I can understand why there may not be as many questions if folks are using the search function. But I was so damn proud of my progress when I was building the car I posted photos so I could share with everyone. The lack of photos is what I don't understand :confused:

Slither
February 4th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Wow, that almost looks liquid[thumb]! Nice...

Keep the pics comin' Brent. It is interesting to see your work.

Hope your stayin' warm up 'ere:cool:...

Brent
February 5th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Hey Brian!
I will post some pics in another thread. not this one. This project along with dropping 5 million dollars in sales, reducing my staff 40%, and a couple other uncomfortable things has like many people made me come home, kick off my shoes, and crawl in bed. Heck I had salespeople making 6 figures and they are now on unemployment and applied for food stamps. That will keep you up at night.
Yes, I have talked to Eliminator, Master, and Eddie about catching a ride down in may to see everyone again. It's been 2 years.

Hey Slither,
Cold is the word for sure. Yesterday the windchill was right at 0 all day and much less at night. this is no big deal for the places that are used to it. But we are not in this area. 25 people dead due to no preparation and stupidity. After the ice storm southern IN had 150,000 people without power, KY had more than 650,000 without power, and I felt guilty. I never lost power, I had water, I could get fuel at work. I have 2-4wd vehicles. I had employees sleeping at work. We have 30 RVs in our showroom. They acted like they were campimg. Better than a shelter I guess?

Phil,
You are right. Your build was awesome and you documented it well. The pics of your aluminum in the fan area was what I used as a templet to make my own. That was 5 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. "How you doing with the retirement thing? Still fishing and hanging out with the kids?"

weaver
February 5th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Its true that the majority of our sales have been painted deluxe kits with engine and trans installed and most have tires and wheels already mounted.

Alan

sllib
February 5th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Before I picked up my kit I bought a good digital camera just to document my build. I took a bunch of pictures and loaded them onto my laptop so I could look at them while traveling. Then my hard drive crashed and I hadn't backed up the system, so I replaced the drive and bought an external drive for back-up. I took more pictures. This time when the hard drive crashed I was ready but, alas, the software that came with the external drive was not! I lost everything again. Now I have a new laptop with a top tier external drive and the best back-up software I could find. I have pre-tested everything, but my heart has gone out of the photographic history I had planned for my build. I don't have many pictures to offer but, hopefully, someone will learn something from my tale of woe. But, on the bright side, it's supposed to warm up this weekend. Maybe I'll take some pictures!
Bill Stradtner

cal.cheesehead
February 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
My 25 year dream of owning a Cobra wil be shipped at noon tomorow. I have documented everything on this adventure. Even my drive from Atlanta to Gadsden when I visited the Weavers. I'm certain I will continue to ask for help from this family of Cobra owners. I do need to take this oportunity to thank everyone that has responded to my questions over the past couple years. Again I'm shure there will be alot more. So hopefully the cars arrives the weekend of the 21 and I'm off to the races.
Keep drinking Bud!
Thanks
Tom
AKA the California Chessehead.

pgermond
February 5th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Brent,

Thanks for asking. Things haven't changed too much. My daughter and her family moved up the hill about 30 minutes away, but my son moved into the neighborhood after returning from Spokane. He and I (and 12 other guys) just returned from a week of fishing and Super Bowl down in Cabo San Lucas. Had a great time and hung a lot of fish. 82 deg every day and the ocean was flat as a lake. Pretty dead down there though due to the economy. I'll try and post some photos after I get them resized.

robbinsshkr
February 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Brent and Alan are right, there needs to be more photo's posted. I am as guilty as anyone for not submitting more build photo's. I guess in a way, I'm kinda like the kid sitting in the back of the class room affraid to raise his hand for the fear of giving the wrong answer in front of the entire class. All of you have really set the bar high when it came to your builds!
I know the forum is not about competition, but rather helping one another, and believe me it has been a huge help and I know how much I enjoy opening the new post[s] for the day and finding out they contain updated photo's, therefore...I promise to do better and post more often. As far as losing saved photo's on a server, I took the memory card out of my camera to walmart and printed 100 quality photos for 15 bucks to bring home and place in my build album. i doubt you can print them at home for .15 / each. I am at the stage in my build in which the body is off getting paint and the chassis is pretty much complete, so if there is anyone needing a particular picture of something for reference that can't be photo'd on a completed car, let me know and i would be more than happy to take pictures of any item[s] needed. Bare with me when i do start posting photo's because they seem to either come out the size of a dime or in a way that a small fraction of the photo will consume your entire screen.
I would like to add that the guy painting my car, is doing so out of a one car garage behind his house, without anykind of paint booth system and does so as a part time hobby. A very talented painter at a VERY reasonable price. $2200 plus materials.[thumb]
Thanks,
Eddie

Slither
February 10th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hey Slither,
Cold is the word for sure. Yesterday the windchill was right at 0 all day and much less at night. this is no big deal for the places that are used to it. But we are not in this area. 25 people dead due to no preparation and stupidity. After the ice storm southern IN had 150,000 people without power, KY had more than 650,000 without power, and I felt guilty. I never lost power, I had water, I could get fuel at work. I have 2-4wd vehicles. I had employees sleeping at work. We have 30 RVs in our showroom. They acted like they were campimg. Better than a shelter I guess?

Sorry to hear about your troubles... I had no idea that so many are perishing from the cold??? We complain when it gets down near freezing over night;)!

And yes, the economic situation is killing most everyone:(...