PDA

View Full Version : Another build update

PhillipM
February 9th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Well I am getting very close to finishing my car. The build has been a ton of fun and I am not done yet:). So far I have done 99% of the work by myself in the garage during week nights and on weekends. The only items so far where I required help was removing/installing the body, hood, trunk lid, wind shield, and doors. All other work was done by me with a radio and my tools. What a relaxing project. For those thinking they can not build a Unique, trust me if I can anyone can.

Here are a few items left to finish.
- Route the oil cooler lines
- Carpet the Trunk
- Carpet the cockpit
- Bleed the brakes and HTOB
- Suspension (hight adjustment)
- Basic toe in adjustment and alignment (Will carry to a Pro once the suspension has settled.

The motor has been ran several times but I do plan to run the drive line while on jacks several times to put some ware on the gears. Advice from Butch at home coming.

Here are some photos

Phillip

PS: All pre first drive advice is welcome.

PhillipM
February 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Here are a few more build photos.

weaver
February 10th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Looks like you won't have a good excuse not to be at Homecoming this year.

Alan

aks801
February 10th, 2009, 06:56 AM
... What a relaxing project. For those thinking they can not build a Unique, trust me if I can anyone can.

That is very encouraging! "Trust me"....

robbinsshkr
February 10th, 2009, 09:03 AM
great and informative photo's. i'm not 100% certain, but that is the first photo i recall seeing of the door carpet / leather install process. I've seen a lot of finished doors that look great, but appreciate the step by step details. I have concluded that there is not a one and only, correct way of doing anything on these builds. take the oil line routings for example.....each person has a different way of routing them. none of them are wrong, but it sure opens up a lot of great idea's.
Enjoyed your photo's !
Eddie

PhillipM
February 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Alan, you are right no excuses but boy I wish I had any enclosed trailer. My plans are to buy one next year.

Aks801, It has been a very enjoyable build and I would do it all over again. As a matter of fact, some day I might buy another Unique. Maybe the 36 Ford they sell. Who knows.....

Thanks Eddie. Your car is looking great. I have been watching your progress and the painter did a great job. I know you can not wait until the assembly starts. Working around a painted body is not a whole lot of fun but watching it come together is very satisfying. Good luck

Phillip

Slither
February 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Looks good[thumb]!

sllib
February 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Nice job. I like the way you did your AC pedals but, just out of curiosity, why didn't you mount the little rubber grommets in the brake pedal?
Bill Stradtner

Naumoff
February 18th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Looking good Phillip.[thumb]
Thanks for the update.

PhillipM
February 19th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Bill, I did not put the rubber grommets in 1 pedal because it am trying to make them look like the pedal in the picture. I have to remove the other set as well. Here is a picture I took at Home Coming and I like the way the AC pedal looks. I think the car is Tom's.

Thanks Tony, the build has been a ton of fun but I am ready to put this thing on the road. The weather is starting to turn nice down south. :)

Phillip

weaver
February 20th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Those rubber grommets are a pain to put in but it should have them on both pads, your foot will slip off if it gets wet. I open the holes up with a router to make it easier.

Alan