PDA

View Full Version : Got stripes today

robbinsshkr
February 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Just thought i would share a few more photo's of the build. The painter laid out the stripes today. tomorrow he'll wet sand and buff. Body should be back home before the weekend. This painter took the time to prep and paint an old hood he had laying around with a base color similar to what i chose for the cobra. He painted 4 seperate stripes for me and my better half to choose from. white, white with pearl, silver and a charcoal from a 2008 mustang. We ended up mixing the silver and charcoal for the final stripe color. I'll post a few more pictures when we pull it back out in the sun, as it takes on a totaly different look.

Bill D
February 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
That is a beautiful color. What color red is that?

PhillipM
February 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Very very nice, the painter did a great job. I know you can not wait until the assembly starts. Good luck and enjoy the building process.

Phillip

Slither
February 10th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Sweet[thumb]! Gettin' closer:D.

robbinsshkr
February 11th, 2009, 07:27 AM
To be honest, i guess the color can be named what ever i choose to call it as its far from an off the shelf color that can be purchased. we just kept mixing different things until we came up with it. when we first painted the underside of the hood, it had a purple tint when parked inside. i'm not fond of purple, so we went back to the drawing board, adding a few more colors. it has some simulated candy reds in it, some burgandy, silver, orange and some kind of candy additive. i guess it could be called a "candy cherry cobra red" or at least thats what we wrote on the formula. it really has that candy look, but is a two stage paint, unlike the normal 3 stage you find in a true candy. thanks for the compliments! i know its not a typical cobra spec color, but i am pleased with my choice.
thanks,
eddie