PDA

View Full Version : Cheesehead Build

cal.cheesehead
March 3rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
This is the first time I have attempted to attach photos to the site. A few members have asked me for photos. Obviously in the early stages but having a ball.

pgermond
March 3rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Looks great! Keep'em coming :)

diegokid
March 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
I like the Bud Light sign in the background. The short I just found had me drink quite a few of em.

scott h
March 3rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
have you tried that air cleaner with the body on? i bought what looks like the same one and it hit at the lip of the hood opening. What kind of intake? brings back memories .

Slither
March 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Good stuff[thumb]! Keep 'em coming...

Bill D
March 4th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Damn that's pretty. I need to come see that soon. But this weekend is out because I will be out of town.

weaver
March 4th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I don't think the air cleaner will work, not enough room at the cowl. The original cars had a chrome 14" air cleaner.

Alan

Aggressor
March 4th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I used the oval style on a previous SC build. To fit the air cleaner I had the intake machined to remove a 1/4 inch pie wedge. The front leading edge was just skimmed on an angle that cut and progressively lowered to the rear trailing carb flange. I also bought a blank aircleaner bottom and custom cut the carb openings shifting the cleaner forward. The threaded rod that mounts the air cleaner has to be bent forward to match the forward shift.

- Geary

cal.cheesehead
March 4th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Guys thanks for all the feedback.
Tom G