PDA

View Full Version : Bobsledding

pbrown
March 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I went to Park City UT for a ski vacation last week. While I was there I had an opportunity to try bobsledding. It was an amazing thing that. Way beyond any amusement park ride. We ran the track used for the 2002 Olympics.

This was a four man sled but only three are in the photo. That is me in the red jacket.

Slither
March 4th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Way Cool!

When I was in high school, I was active for a short time with the Vt. bobsledding team (too young to slide). I was in Lake Placid at the committee meeting the night they chose Jim Morgan to represent the US, and compete in the World championships back in the mid 70s. He was a great driver and a great guy. I was shocked when he was lost some years later in Italy at the 1981 world championships...

I'd like to get back to Mt. Van Hoevenberg to slide someday... kinda like a Cobra on ice[thumb]!

diegokid
March 5th, 2009, 04:24 PM
One of the things I've wanted to do since I was a small child is to try that. It looks like the sensation of speed would be absolutely overwhelming.

Didn't wear wear a videocam by chance?[thumb]

Aggressor
March 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Dang Patrick ..... Iah gotta git me onea dem.

Your group looks confident ..... like they could take on anything.

Gotta be a most excellent experience ... Party-on dude!!!!

Salute
-Geary

scott h
March 5th, 2009, 05:08 PM
what kind of speeds do you hit
P.S. Thanks for closing that other thread

TurnpikeBoy
March 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Picture says you had a pilot....gotta think that might be an apt description for an earth-bound missile.

pbrown
March 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
The top speed was 77MPH. There was one turn where we entered at 40 and exited at 60 at over 5 Gs. That was intense.

Sorry, no video.