PDA

View Full Version : Chit chat

diegokid
March 5th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Sooooo chit chat isn't really for anything? Hows this?

http://www.cobravenom.co.uk/

scott h
March 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM
i think Pat's response was not to the topic but to the tone, me included. We all have differing opinions and should respect that!

pbrown
March 5th, 2009, 10:17 PM
You can talk about anything but we must all be aware that others may have differing opinions. That doesn't mean that they are right or wrong. We must all respect the viewpoint of others even if we may not agree. Above all, be nice. Remember, we are all car people.

robbinsshkr
March 6th, 2009, 10:05 AM
How's the old saying go......Agree to Disagree :BEER:

scott h
March 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM
you got that right!

diegokid
March 7th, 2009, 05:19 AM
So we should have respected the likes of Kahn, Hitler, Marx, bin Laden and the list goes on. I'm sure there were some people that loved and respected each of these monsters. Point is when you can look back in History and see history repeating itself you need to see that we need to repeat the actions used to fix the issue the first time around except with a little more zest because it really didn't suceed the first time.
Another point is the fact that our constitution starts with "We the People" not "I the person".

I reckon the Gadsden flag should have, "but I respect your opionion too" somewhere on it.

SOMETIMES YOU MAY HAVE TO SAY NO!

scott h
March 7th, 2009, 06:51 AM
boy, you just don't get it

brfutbrian
March 7th, 2009, 07:59 AM
it wont be long before we have the third closed thread in the history of this forum. its time for it when someone cant "respect" the wishes of the owner of this forum. if you cant do that, maybe you should go start your own forum. just a thought. later, brian

Brent
March 7th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I would really just like to see it stay a car/people forum. There are places for this kind of discussion and I just don't really think its here.

My opinion, close it.

pbrown
March 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Our country is facing some serious issues and this has everyone on edge. Some of them as I see it are:

1) The younger generation seems to have a sense of entitlement and won't work for what they think they deserve.

2) Corporate greed in the case of our financial institutions.

3) Our government thinking that everyone should be a home owner.

Many have ideas on how to fix things but this is way beyond the scope of this forum.

I'm sure that there is nobody on this forum that is bent on world domination and ethnic cleansing so please don't infer that we have a Hitler among us.

The constitution also has the phrase "to form a more perfect Union". How can we be "more perfect". Perfect is perfect. Our country was founded on a grammatical error :).

I recommend that anyone with strong political opinions and a desire to do something about it go down and run for your city counsel. Get involved and put your voice to good use.

I have lived in small rural places as well as large population centers. I can see why people think the way they do. People in less dense areas don't see the effects of crime and other social issues. They don't understand why people in large cities want to ban guns and fund homeless shelters with tax dollars.

Here is a good site to join to express your political opinions:
http://www.politico.com/

I'm not going to close this thread for now but again - be nice.

ralphscott
March 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Good Post Patrick!

Ralph

diegokid
March 7th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I really enjoy fishing, I think I'll go after Church tomorrow. We are going to drive the Fairlane we just picked up.
;)

pbrown
March 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I really enjoy fishing, I think I'll go after Church tomorrow. We are going to drive the Fairlane we just picked up.
;)

What will you fish for? I'm from Alaska and would fish the Yukon for King Salmon. I would fish for Rainbow Trout from the local lakes when I was a kid. I remember fishing for Catfish in Lake Mead when the family was stationed at Nellis AFB.

Just don't ware your chest high waders to church. They look at you funny when you do that :D.

diegokid
March 8th, 2009, 06:56 AM
We will most likely hit the creek and catch a few bass or crappie. I used to fish for salmon in AK on our trips there. Most fun ever was fishing for bone fish to use as bait for giant travoli while on Uncle Sam sponsered vacation travels to Diego Garcia. Marlin and Tuna were plentiful there too.

JeepSnake
March 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I'm sure that there is nobody on this forum that is bent on world domination...

That's where you're wrong, Patrick. Oh so wrong...

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!! (sinister madman bent on world domination laugh) :D

Slither
March 9th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Speaking of fishin' and such, how are your dad and the professor doin', Zach?

With all that secret training, I'll bet the professor is up to his ears in it right now with all the trouble goin' on in Washington;).

JeepSnake
March 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Paul,

De & Prof. von Studebaker are doing fine.

Now that he's retired, De is keeping Catha for Sandy & me while Mom is busy with tax season. Among other things, he's taught her (by age 8 months!) to put on chap-stick, do an Indian war chant, greet us with a loud "AH!", and plow the garden. He took a break Saturday a week ago to go on a fish-scouting trip with Mr. Jim (Weaver).

And, since he's probably busy with Catha today, I'll go ahead and pass along that he's going to be "Grandpa De" again come August (my brother & his wife are expecting).

As for the Professor, well, he mainly just lounges around, mooches table scraps, and issues a call-to-arms whenever anyone he doesn't know turns in the driveway!

diegokid
March 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Sounds like your enjoying retirement. Congrats on the new granchild, there fun. I can spoil the hell out of em and then give them back!:BEER:

Slither
March 9th, 2009, 09:54 PM
OK, good[thumb]! Tell 'em both we all say, "Hey!"

ralphscott
March 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Zach, glad to hear all is well. Now I know why you Dad has not posted much since he retired -- way tooooo busy with more important stuff! Better keep an eye on him he'll turn Catha into his campaign manager for his next run at the presidency!

Say hi to your mom and Dad for us

Ralph and Gayle

Slither
March 10th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Better keep an eye on him he'll turn Catha into his campaign manager for his next run at the presidency!

Ralph and Gayle

Great idea... and the professor for Veep[thumb]!