PDA

View Full Version : Oil on Engine

Ric S.
April 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hello all,

I have an engine related question. My engine is the SA 406 with 280 miles. I noticed today what appears to be an oil build up around the distributor shaft on the intake manifold. It looks as if oil was poured onto the area. Can oil push out around the distributor shaft opening?

Thanks,

Ric

Bill D
April 23rd, 2009, 09:42 PM
Do you have breathers? If the crankcase is closed, you could get some engine blowback through almost any area

eliminator
April 24th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Yes, there is a seal around the distributor that could be cut, if so it will leak a lot in that area even with breathers. Then at one time the MSD Distributors, early Billet models, where not the right spec on the the shaft and seal, (too small) they leaked. I know because I had one, I got with MSD and they checked the Ford specifications and made an inline change in the manufacture to correct it. They sent me a new one and it worked fine.

Jeff 427
April 24th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I have that problem right now. It started last year, I think I might have damaged the "O" ring when I had the distributor out to prime the oil pump after setting for the winter.
Spoke to MSD and they set me out a new "O" at no charge. One of the last projects to do before firing up this "Summer" weekend! Supposed to be in the high 80's!!!

Alan thanks for the rear sway bar kit, went in like a dream, real easy!!!