PDA

View Full Version : Body is on!

robbinsshkr
May 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
I finaly sat the body back on about 1 am this morning. Everything went smooth and nothing got cracked, scratched, bent or broke, which I have to say I'm proud of,as I removed and replaced the body by myself:banana:.
Brent, thank you again for your offer of being part of the body lowering party, but I doubt your wife would have appreciated my calling your home in the wee hours of the morning :D Actually it wasn't bad at all, leaving me with only a button to push once i had everything padded up and tied down. I will have to say it was a great feeling to see the body back on again.
Thanks,
Eddie

cal.cheesehead
May 1st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Eddie, nice..what's next?

pgermond
May 1st, 2009, 05:38 PM
WOW! You have more kahonies than me!!! That is quite a one man feat. The car looks great. Now it will start to real come together :)

robbinsshkr
May 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys.....I'm not sure if it was the size of the kahonies, being a bit too brave or the challange of successfully doing one of those things "your just not supposed to do in life" I do admit I felt a great deal of relief when the body came to rest on the chassis and the tension was gone from the straps! I guess the next step connecting brake lines, engine wiring and figuring out a way to move the seat back another 6 inches [I wish].
I am very pleased with the way the chrome / aluminum and paint color complement each other.
Eddie

pgermond
May 1st, 2009, 07:58 PM
Eddie,

When you figure out how to gain an additional 6" of leg room, let me know ;)

ralphscott
May 2nd, 2009, 04:57 AM
Very nice Eddie looks great! You have more discipline than I to stop and take pictures in the middle of the process of lowering the body on to the chassis.

Ralph

Brent
May 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Everything looks awesome, other than one thing.

You can't open the cooler while your working. That is totally unacceptable.

robbinsshkr
May 2nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Everything looks awesome, other than one thing.

You can't open the cooler while your working. That is totally unacceptable.

Your exactly right, but i thought ahead and pourd the beer in the cooler before hand...........I ran some plastic tubing to the cooler drain plug.
I was multi-tasking my tools, I was using my cooler as a keg and a jack stand! And you thought I never listened to your advice :BEER:

Slither
May 3rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
WOW! That is quite a one man feat. :)

I agree!!! Nice job[thumb]!

Slither
May 3rd, 2009, 09:36 PM
Eddie,

When you figure out how to gain an additional 6" of leg room, let me know ;)

Not 6 inches Phil, but I saw that they are making the foot box molds bigger, so it will be about 1.5 inches longer and wider... which should help:D!

wlewis
May 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Good looking color. Show us pictures outside in sunlight.

robbinsshkr
May 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Thank you for the compliment. to be honest, i'd like to see it in the sunlight myself. it has rained everyday since the body has been on. i promise to post a picture the first time the sun shines!
thanks again,
Eddie