PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming news?

aks801
May 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Anybody have any write-ups on Homecoming? Pics?

Jerry Cowing
May 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Thursday and Friday we had good weather for the most part, but it started raining Friday evening continuing into Saturday and maybe Sunday which caused most folks to return to their homes on Saturday morning.

I volunteered to start an "Identification Booklet" for all Unique owners. Many times you attend these events and recognize a face, but can't associate a name or a car with the face. I asked everyone to send me a picture of them with their car to jrcowing@cox.net and I would add their pictures to the booklet with their name and home town listed and maybe their email address. I would then send a soft copy of the completed ID Booklet to everyone who sent me their pictures.

To protect privacy, I was planning to only list everyone's home towns and not list their full mailing address. Since I'll be sending a soft copy, folks can add more of their own personal details as they see fit. If some folks want me to add more details on their photos like their email address or phone number, they can let me know and I'll add whatever they would like.

Later, we may be able to put this info on a web site with password access to Unique owners only.

Slither
May 3rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Great time:D:D! The weather did not completely cooperate, but it was good to see all the people that came to the Homecoming, and that is one of the major highlights of the meet.

There were lots of bench-racing sessions in the hotel lobby, but we missed the parking lot sessions due to rain:(...

Overall, it was a good time. Sorry, but I did not take photos. I did see that Pat Quattro shot many with his fancy camera. I am sure he'll post some soon.

pbrown
May 3rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
Photos. Photos. We want photos.

eliminator
May 4th, 2009, 04:59 PM
By 9:00 AM this was the scene out front, car covers, thunder, lightning and rain. Finally about 2:00 PM the sun peaked out to dry things off. I was fortunate my car was on the lift inside the shop for an under carriage display.

beast
May 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Had a GREAT time despite the weather. It was nice to see the Unique family again. Here's a few pics. Gary
[thumb]

TurnpikeBoy
May 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
A coupe? Sumthin new under the Alabama sun?

Looks to be partly a jewel in the rough so far.....so, what's the story here?

pgermond
May 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Nice pics - but, rain sucks! :mad: What's with the 'vette?

pbrown
May 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
What's with the Corvette? 1966 perhaps. Maybe a new replica in the works?

eliminator
May 5th, 2009, 05:23 AM
The Corvett is a restoration being finished up, 1965. The coupe is some work they took in, it's being finished up for a customer. NO, they are not doing a Daytona Coupe.:)

rldunn7
May 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Let's see more pictures!!!!!

Bill D
May 5th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I see one Cobra, a black one, with a tonneau cover. Is that an option that's available from UMC?

JeepSnake
May 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Bill, yes, the tonneau is an option from Unique. Number 39 on the price sheet.

Once again, I'm going to sing the praises of the Unique soft top. No, it's not completely weathertight, but it's as weathertight as a soft top for a 1950's type British roadster can be. It came in handy for a couple of rainy escapes over the weekend, and the combination of it with my car cover meant that my interior was 100% dry, even after the big downpours on Friday and in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

And the material they make the soft top from - it's downright luxurious!

Bill D
May 5th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks Zach

Aggressor
May 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hey Bill, Seriously consider adding the monies for both tonneau and softtop to your build sheet.
They immediately become indispensible. I've made two black leatherette type bags for stowing the softtop (Folded) and side curtains. The storage bags lay neatly stacked on the "shelf" area of the trunk. The angle of the side curtains just clears the rear rollbar brace. The top rigging sides into a thin tube made of the same material and is stowed behind the seats. The tonneau folds neatly and is stored basically out of view behind the drivers seat. I always carry these items in my vehicle.

As Zach stated the softtop material is very fine and the workmanship is excellent. I have owned mine for 7 years now and the fit & finish is as new.

-Geary

pgermond
May 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Hey Bill, Seriously consider adding the monies for both tonneau and softtop to your build sheet.
They immediately become indispensible. I've made two black leatherette type bags for stowing the softtop (Folded) and side curtains. The storage bags lay neatly stacked on the "shelf" area of the trunk. The angle of the side curtains just clears the rear rollbar brace. The top rigging sides into a thin tube made of the same material and is stowed behind the seats. The tonneau folds neatly and is stored basically out of view behind the drivers seat. I always carry these items in my vehicle.

As Zach stated the softtop material is very fine and the workmanship is excellent. I have owned mine for 7 years now and the fit & finish is as new.

-Geary

Snow?!??! Bill - we live in California... I have the tonneau cover, but have only used it a few times in the five years since I built the car. Those were times when we were staying over night at a hotel and I covered the cockpit for security and/or rain was eminent. It does the job for me - and a top is out of the question for me due to my height and the climate.

My $0.02

Bill D
May 5th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys. I'm going to opt for the tonneau cover and not the soft top

eliminator
May 6th, 2009, 10:31 AM
More shots:

diegokid
May 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM
#19 had a very good shade of blue, I loved it. My wife has informed me ours will still be red! Beast did you keep a copy of the paper with your car on the front page?

pgermond
May 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
It's good to see Will in the photos..... I miss his words of wisdom on the forum.

Bill D
May 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Will a tonneau cover fit a 289 with the forward braced roll bar?

eliminator
May 7th, 2009, 06:25 AM
We are getting off the subject of this thread, Homecoming News.:(

Yes, the tonneau cover is custom made for both models and rollbar applications.