PDA

View Full Version : Saw Mt First UMC Car Today

Bill D
May 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I was at a local car show, small but nice, when 23 Cobras from Northern Cal rumbled in. Turns out the NorCal Cobras came down to this Podunk show in Simi Valley, about 10 miles from my house. There was a gorgeous 289FIA there. Forgot the owners name (sorry) and he allowed me to sit it in the car. He said he had won it in a raffle for $100. What luck!!!!! It was wonderful! The only thing that was odd was that the roll bar was not centered behind the driver. But the car was beautiful and convinced me that this is the next car for me.

It was a GREAT day!!!!:banana:

Slither
May 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Nice way to spend the day, sittin' in an FIA...

even if it wasn't yours;)!

weaver
May 17th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I helped sell tickets for that car years ago, it was nicely done by a guy in NC. Glad to hear the guy that won it still has it, we sold 2 cars that were given away by the DIY Network and both winners sold them within a few weeks.

Alan

YerDugliness
May 17th, 2009, 10:11 AM
...we sold 2 cars that were given away by the DIY Network and both winners sold them within a few weeks.
Alan

Alan, I don't have cable so I never did get to see the DIY special on building the Unique kit....do you have any idea of the DIY network might be selling that on DVD and if so how could I get a copy of it?

Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to provide!

Dugly :cool:

weaver
May 17th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Check out www.diynet.com for past series, you might want to email them to see if it is available.

Slither
May 17th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Let us know what you find out Dugly, as I have yet to see it as well...

Thanks!

cal.cheesehead
May 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Right in my back yard and I missed it. $%#$&#^$

Richard Jodoin
May 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Would Mr. Weaver have anything at Unique Cobras that I could ask for or buy, like a DVD on putting a 289 together? Or an assembly book of sorts? I know I would look that over many times before I actually start the assembly.

Slither
May 18th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Would Mr. Weaver have anything at Unique Cobras that I could ask for or buy, like a DVD on putting a 289 together? Or an assembly book of sorts? I know I would look that over many times before I actually start the assembly.

There is a basic build manual on the Unique website, I think you can get to it from the kits page... search around, and it will turn up...

YerDugliness
May 19th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Let us know what you find out Dugly, as I have yet to see it as well...

Thanks!

I found the series here:

http://web.diynet.com/diy/web/searchResults?searchString=Unique+cobra&submit=Search

These are text based, not videos. The show is not available on DVD (found this on their "Questions" section: "(Q) How can I purchase videos of the programs seen on DIY? (A) DIY does not offer videos of its regular programming."), but there appear to be 6 print articles related to the Unique buildup in the 7 hits for "Unique Cobra". complete with links to relavent websites.

Dugly :cool:

Slither
May 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Bummer:(! I was hoping to see it someday...

Did you look over the text articles?

eliminator
May 20th, 2009, 05:28 AM
I have 80% of the series on VHS , I can easily convert it to DVD. If someone else had the whole series I could convert to DVD, for a minimal cost make copies and everyone who wanted it could get it. I will check with Maurice and Butch who were involved with this series.

Slither
May 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Sounds good Rick, thanks[thumb].

Richard Jodoin
May 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Sign me up guys I want to buy the DVD your making.

Richard Jodoin
3705 Wilshire Lane
Waxhaw, NC. 28173

704-320-0700

eliminator
May 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Bad, news, looks like it is copyrighted.

Richard Jodoin
May 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Then do not sell me one, I will exchange your backup DVD of Unique cobra assembly video for one of my famous drain plugs, how about my new 3/4" Pipe Salisbury/Dana44 T REX drain plug?

Slither
May 28th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Bummer:(! I was hoping to see it someday...

What I said:(...

eliminator
May 28th, 2009, 11:07 AM
That sounds like a deal to me.

Send me a personal e-mail, rbagley@papesinc.com