PDA

View Full Version : General interest

Aggressor
June 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
A while ago I posted an image of a vintage TR2 with a hard aerodynamic tonneau cover and racing windscreen in response to a thread. I came across these images of one of the "COB" cars with a similar setup.

- Geary

Naumoff
June 22nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Geary.

I love the full competition look.

Slither
June 23rd, 2009, 03:09 AM
Yes, an interesting look...

Dumb question: any idea what the little gold ring on the top of the passenger's side front quick jack is for... checking the oil without opening the hood:p?

Naumoff
June 23rd, 2009, 03:11 PM

Dumb question: any idea what the little gold ring on the top of the passenger's side front quick jack is for... checking the oil without opening the hood:p?

It's a tow loop.

TurnpikeBoy
June 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
It's a tow loop.

Is not - it's a pull string that makes the driver make lots of engine noises.

Naumoff
June 23rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
Is not - it's a pull string that makes the driver make lots of engine noises.

You must have one on your car.;):p

robbinsshkr
June 24th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Did you also notice in the picture on the right......they have attatched a water sprinkler to the hood :D

RJacobsen
June 24th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Did you also notice in the picture on the right......they have attatched a water sprinkler to the hood :D

Is that a budget minded fire suppression system?:D

TurnpikeBoy
June 24th, 2009, 04:26 PM
You must have one on your car.;):p

Nope, not yet.......on next winter's rebop list. :D

Slither
June 27th, 2009, 12:55 AM
OK, it might be the pull-starter:rolleyes:...

;)

pbrown
June 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM
OK, it might be the pull-starter:rolleyes:...

I had toys cars as a child called SST. They all had one of those to spin the flywheel/drive wheel. Wizzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Slither
June 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I had toys cars as a child called SST. They all had one of those to spin the flywheel/drive wheel. Wizzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Yup, Smash-up Derby is Fun;)! (My brother had one of those... and another brother had the Plymouth Superbird. Probably worth a small fortune today:p.)

diegokid
June 28th, 2009, 06:13 AM
The SST's earned you a really good spanking when you stuck the spinning wheel in the hair of your rotten little tattle tale cousin too! She deserved it I would do it again. ;)

Slither
June 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM
The SST's earned you a really good spanking when you stuck the spinning wheel in the hair of your rotten little tattle tale cousin too! She deserved it I would do it again. ;)

You can also substitute "sister" for "cousin" there, Jim;)...